BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
i can check to see for you...If you are looking for a charter we have our boat in Isla and are running charters if your concerned about just picking any local charter boat in MX.....We mainly concentrate on sails and are flexible. Same boat captain and mate as we use in NJ and charleston SC

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bagel boy.. isla is a little to far for us to travel from del carmen.. if you could recommend someting within 10 minutes of sandos in del carmen i would greatly appreciate it.. my biggest concern is safety..we will have 3 kids on board.. i checked out ricks and wasabi.. due to recent report ricks is out any info you can provide?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Dave,

Quite honestly, in the area you are going to be there are not that many choices. I was in Riviera Maya in July. You will need to drive a bit either north or south. While I mentioned in my earlier post that Capt. Ricks had somewhat old boats and gear, they still put us on the fish at a reasonable price. Do a search and you will see most people on this forum give it a positive review (yes it is somewhat of a tourist business). Most of all we had a lot of fun with the kids. It was reliable and safe - no rip-offs on fees. I guess you get what you pay for though! Certainly nothing like my Cabo trip which was top notch but $$$$. Seems the other post had described the misfortune of bad sea conditions as well. We had a better day.

If I had to do it again, I would carve the time out to drive further south to Ascention Bay and fish for Bonefish and Permit in the flats or head north to Isla.

Have fun!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just a fishing report.
I just got back from fishing Isla Mujeres last week.
WOW!! What a week we had when the seas calmed down we had 42 sails each day Wednesday and Thursday. Hope you find the same.
Good luck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
:rolleyes:
Just a fishing report.
I just got back from fishing Isla Mujeres last week.
WOW!! What a week we had when the seas calmed down we had 42 sails each day Wednesday and Thursday. Hope you find the same.
Good luck.

:rolleyes: 42 Sails a day ......I have fished alot of places for sails, but never anywhere near those numbers.
Most Charter Boats are 8 hrs....1 hour out, 1 hour back leaves you 6 or 7 hours of fishing.You guys must have been hooked up with doubles and triples all day

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
all i can say about wassabi is if you go to the blackfinn site and read the post he has rebuilt the blackfinn and just took it down there from florida , he rebuilt it up here and drove it down back in december i believe,but from reading his post you should get a pretty good idea what he has into her and as far as safty , my dentist takes her family down there every year for years and never has a problem , the problems mexico seem to have are up north and at the big citys, we are planning a trip there in november

·
Registered
179 Posts
FISHSTIX Joe,
It really was awesome fishing three and four fish at a time. The boat is the Qualifer and Capt. Finn is a North Carolina guy who can put you on fish.

Thight lines :bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.