BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand/model do you prefer??? Shurflo/Jabsco??? Is it worth the x-tra $$ for more pressure, etc, or will I be replacing the new pump too frequently to make it worth while? (I'm replacing a original washdown pump that served me well on my '88 mako). Thanks in advance for any advice-

·
Registered
549 Posts
You've done real well for any pump that lasted since 1988.

The Groco is by far the best one out there, but it takes a considerable amount of amps and it cost $$$$.

Second to that I would look at Johnson Aqua Jet pumps. I have had great success with these in the past over the Shurflo pumps. No experience with the Jabsco.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I just replaced one with one West Marine had on sale for $99. Working fine, I think it was SureFlo.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
for just washdown...I wouldn't get too excited about any brand or capacity as it will get little use compared for what they are made for....

if also using it for occasional bait tank use...better to make sure it is rated for that use....again (based on my experience with RVs and boats)...I've never seen or read which brand is better but if some of the guys have some personal or industry experience...then I guess it an hurt to use that suggestion...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the input. I figure on going with a average price pump since it is dedicated only to limited washdown applications-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts