BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
What happened to first one? I have a Triton in my truck, same year. No problems yet. Is this something I have to look forward to? :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a F-150. I am looking for one to drop into my Tbird. It is the same block as the 3.8, but a lot more power.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Guys I have a 97' f-150 with the 4.2 and put a new motor in, totally junked the orig. at 77,000 miles.Hope ya dont have the same deal it sucked stuff like that always happens at the wrong time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I miss my 92...it was a basic, no BS work truck...Im looking for a 95 or 96 with a bit more "bling" like air/and cd...hahaha.

Ideally it'd be a 96 Xl, 2wd, short bed, with the 300 I6 and a manual...I knew my old one inside and out and there so much room under that hood to work...its perfect. Everything having to do with my current 00 S10 is a pain in the @ss. Even something a simple as the battery...instead of regular old terminals and cables, it has those half assed screw-in cables. I long for the simplicity and ease of self-fixing of the 300...

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
The 98's were the new engine. 4.7L and 5.4L I have the smaller one. Friends have the larger ones. The fuel economy is the same. Go for more hp. I saw another friend's 97 V8 and it looks nothing like mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts