BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how good this stuff is ?

I'm a painter and you don't put latex on top of oil based paint unless you prime it first.

But I don't know about bottom paint, Can I put this water based stuff on top of the other stuff ? ( Interlux )

Would be alot easier to use. :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It's great...

That's only my opinion, but it has been working for me about 4 years. I haven't had any problems overcoating any paint. It is ablative and if you use your boat at all it will come out as clean or cleaner than anything else .

Less mess, no mixing just make sure you give it a full 24 hours plus drying time since it is water based

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paulie,
I think there all water based. Not oil. I use Micron Ablative and thet is weter based. Like you said your a PROFESSIONAL PAINTER why you asking us! By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your BETTER HALF
Thanks Guys, I think I will start using it for now on. ;)

Lenny, Happy New Year to you and your family bro !
Are you shore you cleaned up after micron with water ? :nuts::p
Give me a buzz some time, Don't remember if I saved your new number or not.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does any one know how good this stuff is ?

I'm a painter and you don't put latex on top of oil based paint unless you prime it first.

But I don't know about bottom paint, Can I put this water based stuff on top of the other stuff ? ( Interlux )

Would be alot easier to use. :p

I used the Aquagard for the first time last year. I used their primer and found it had failed, my trim tabs were clean back to the metal. I called and spoke to Greg Divine at Flexdel(parent company). I told him what I did for prep and he said I was correct in my prep. He determined it was a bad batch of primer and sent me a new can of primer and a can of spray transducer paint for my troubles. I'm going to use it again when I'm ready to go back overboard. Went on very easy, and cleaned up well. I had used Petit Ultima SR previously, used the brown 3M ScotchBrite pads to scuff it up and there were no issues....except for where the failed primer was.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
He determined it was a bad batch of primer and sent me a new can of primer and a can of spray transducer paint for my troubles. quote]

I beleive you can use any waterbased bottom paint on your xducer. You should not use oil based on the xducer.
OK, I have never used oil based on my transducer. Was just mentioning that Greg from Flexdell sent me the water based spray transducer paint free for my troubles with the bad batch of primer I got from MESCO(old stock).

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Aquagard is great paint. We carry all the colors in stock and where the first place to sell it retail to the public for Aquagard. We have a special right now, $10.00 off all gallon of bottom paint at last years prices, so Aquagard is $94.99!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aquagard is great paint. We carry all the colors in stock and where the first place to sell it retail to the public for Aquagard. We have a special right now, $10.00 off all gallon of bottom paint at last years prices, so Aquagard is $94.99!
Thanks for the come back !

Do you ship ? If so thats a good price and will be ordering soon. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.