BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to the OC area early tomorrow morning. Can some give me a water report? Wondering what the temp, clarity and weed factors are for the surf and in the back. I hope to be there by 4am. Figure on trying a couple bridges/sods and then head out front.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I fished a backbay part of OC for about 2 hours near the top of incoming today.

The rain was not bad at all if you have a raincoat.

The water was dirty almost muddy. The incoming current was brisk. I was plug fishing and didn't get much cabbage on top. The water temp., while I can't give you an objective measure, must still be relatively warm since I was able to wade in above the knees in Goretex with only 1 pair of wader socks & thermals. I think tomorrow's high tide will be a high one.

After all that.. I only got one hit .. heheh.. ah well, I'm working New Year's Eve so maybe I'll have to look towards getting one that night =D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks snapper... and good luck hooking-up on New Year's Eve! Hope you land a cow :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
The high tide this morning was much higher than normal, waves were coming right over the inside jetty at Longport. Stronger current than normal. Outgoing there were reeds floating out, but they were not clumped together.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the morning high tide expected to be as high with the WNW winds kicking in? I guess the moon phase plus the ENE winds brought in the water. Hopefully tomorrow is more normal.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Waterboy:
The high tide this morning was much higher than normal, waves were coming right over the inside jetty at Longport. Stronger current than normal. Outgoing there were reeds floating out, but they were not clumped together.
that current was brutal this morning. waste deep water to no water to waste deep water to no water...

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Hey Tom,
I won't be able to make it down this week. I'm going to try next week. Let me know if the fishing is still good. I'd hate to waste a 2 hour drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts