BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing one...what do you have and any issues with it? I have a 2000 Johnson 150 Oceanpro. What one should I buy??:confused:

Thanks,

Street

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have a yamaha factory install unit .. after finishing up spare filters i plan on installing a RACOR with a clear bowl ,put it in an easy accessible area to make replacing easier and where you can see the bowl , the yamaha system on my boat is a pita to switch filters .luckily i only change it once a year

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed what was recommended for my 1999 Johnson 150 Ocean Pro. No problems. Will post some pics of this project. I had to cut a circular hole for where I installed it back near the transom, but used a deck lid for easy access. This kept it hidden and out of the way.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
For the filter head you should purchase one made out of stainless steel. Sierra offers a s.s. head that is priced right. For the filter element pretty much all are now a standard 10 micron.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Streetman said:
I bought a racor...hope it works...thanks for the replies...now for a sunny day to install:)
I use a racor on my 98 150hp rude. I think the filter element is s3227

1 - 6 of 6 Posts