BASS BARN banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
7,414 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
fred--just went to the end of the dock with a sinker to get to the bottom and got 46 and that is on the incomming.
Hold Deep Is It There Biggest ??
If I remember correctly its a little shallow
there, either way, it goes to show alot of
Sunshine and Air Temps Into the 50's Doe's
The Trick,,

Thanks For The Water Temp Report.....

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by striper2278:
42.6 as of right now in the rips!....yahooooooo!!!
that should do it

Where is this warm water coming from

44009 has not hit 41 yet

The Chessy bouy has just about broken 42

All we need is a nice sunny day to heat up those flats and draw the bass in on an outgoing !!
</font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bass, those deeper ocean waters around 44009 take a lot longer to heat up than the shallow bay waters around the Point. The rips on the ebb see a large influx of warmer water from the bay.

Similarly, in December when the season is winding down, the water coming in from the ocean stays warmer longer, because it loses heat more slowly than the shallow bay water.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
I hear ya', Brian! I have been working on the house, and it's beautiful out. The dogs and I love it!

Drove past the marina today to check out a couple things...SUPER FLAT calm and crystal clear water. It's almost time to yell "FISH ON!"

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by TheAdamBomb:
I hear ya', Brian! I have been working on the house, and it's beautiful out. The dogs and I love it!

Drove past the marina today to check out a couple things...SUPER FLAT calm and crystal clear water. It's almost time to yell "FISH ON!"
Adam,
you do the yellin and we'll come runnin ;)

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Originally posted by TheAdamBomb:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by striper2278:
42.6 as of right now in the rips!....yahooooooo!!!
that should do it

Where is this warm water coming from

44009 has not hit 41 yet

The Chessy bouy has just about broken 42

All we need is a nice sunny day to heat up those flats and draw the bass in on an outgoing !!
</font>[/QUOTE]Dr. Bass, those deeper ocean waters around 44009 take a lot longer to heat up than the shallow bay waters around the Point. The rips on the ebb see a large influx of warmer water from the bay.

Similarly, in December when the season is winding down, the water coming in from the ocean stays warmer longer, because it loses heat more slowly than the shallow bay water.
</font>[/QUOTE]Thanks Adam

I agree

Those sounds heat up in the spring as the days get longer and draw the bass in on the ebb and outgoing

I will be up soon, gonna post some pics real soon

Hope you get into them in your new ride soon as well

Ron

·
Registered
18,481 Posts
On the surface at the dock today it was 48 degrees. Off the end of the finger in about eight feet on the bottom it was 46 degrees. Late afternoon I picked up the boat at Pier 47 and ran it back to NO BONES. It was 42 the entire way. Also Coast Guard put all the lights back up on the channel markers.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:
On the surface at the dock today it was 48 degrees. Off the end of the finger in about eight feet on the bottom it was 46 degrees. Late afternoon I picked up the boat at Pier 47 and ran it back to NO BONES. It was 42 the entire way. Also Coast Guard put all the lights back up on the channel markers.
That's awesome Fred

Lew at Smuggler's said he has not seen one yet,

Have you guys seen any caught yet??

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.