BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked at 8am on Saturday at the dock. It was 36 degrees. We need some wind out of the east. Blow some of that warm surface water back in. :(

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Geez- it just had to warm up a bit today(Sun) didn't it???

It was even warm down there at the OC Boardwalk.
(Couldn't resist) The line at Mack and Mancos was very long....but not as long a Kohr Brothers Ice Cream.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today it hit 40 degrees. I sat at the dock in my shorts and got a pretty good tan. Lots of regulars stopped by to say high.

Also added about 3/4 of a gallon of grass shrimp to my collection. Come on weakies. :D :D

·
Registered
483 Posts
I took the boat out of tennesse ave in Ocean city for its first voyage Sunday. What a nice day had the family with me and Grim. We drove all the way to avalon and back and water temps ranged from 40 to 43. We approached the inlets the temp was lower around 39 38 so hopefull we keep on getting the warmer weather!
:cool:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yo In the box, Capthersch beat me to it. You can find alot of useful links right on the "Resource" page link on the Barn. Click on "National Data Bouy Center" and scroll down to "Water temp" and click on the triangle figure to the left. This will give you the chart. There are actually many sites out there, including military weather sites which are posted time to time here.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At the dock yesterday at 5:30pm 43.4 degrees :D

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
CANDYMAN--DOES GEORGE HAVE A CELL PHONE? HOW MANY YEARS HAVE THEY COME BACK?
Been 4 years now!!! they drop down outta the sky, land in pond...stay till beginning of July,then take off. I feed them dry cat food that also feeds cat and gold fish.
Never lay any eggs...they remind me of retired couple that has places staked out along the coast that they visit.
Springtime always fun when the young bucks come calling. You would think they were killing her with all squalking goin' on. Old George would fight them off though. Sometimes I would help with the hose and squirt the bucks away. Didn't matter ...once they get the scent they weren't stopping.
One time I picked a horney buck right up with my hands that was trying to violate Deloris. Carried him over to ICW across the street and let him go. Sonabitch pulled a u-turn right back into my back yard and was after her again.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had two that visited my house every year. We called them Fred and Ethel.

they would go by everyones house and quack. If no one came to the door with food they would move on to the next house.

One year I was feeding them cracked corn. They were so intent on feeding that they hadn't noticed that I was leading them up my steps and into my living room.

Storm door was open and they walked right in. After they were in the living room I stopped feeding. When they looked up they panicked and guess what a duck does when you scare it like that.

Never trick them into your living room. :D :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Here's A Good Look At The Difference of Water
Temperatures Yesterday..See How The BackBay
Water Temps Increase During The Out-Going Tide
and How Its Still Running Cold During The
In-Coming Tide.Also See The Spike in The
Ocean Water Temp during the Middle of the Day..
Good Signs............
Its Getting Real Close For Me To Start Fishing
During These Peak Times If This Pattern Keeps
Up...
-----------------------------------------------

BackBay Water Temps

[ 03-03-2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.