BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 44 degree water in cape may harbor! I heard that the bay is in the mid 40's as well! I'm gonna try to get the stalker in the water by next weekend! The rips might still be holding some fish! Keep an eye out for a report! Warm temps are still coming....gonna be early this year!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Long range forecast from Fox showed 50s all next week as well. The bigger factor is that there will be no snow run off as well:thumbsup: Hoping to have the boat ready by March 9th. See you out there!

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
I'm starting early as well. Winter is over(actually, it never started)!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Me and my dad might go grab the boat from Waretown this weekend and bring it back home to work on and have it in real early this year. We usually dont put it in the water until memorial day weekend. Well be in early enough to fish the striper and bunker run before most of the summer fleet is out there. Hopefully early enough to try for some tog too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Whats your plans for trout since St. Marys is closed this year, probably the cabin? Might have to fish the Wissahickon more this year for them.
Hey John, Gonna hit the Cabin for the majority of my Trout Fix. Hunt Turkey till noon Trout till dark. Spent 15 days in the mountains last Spring.

I have seen this warm water before and frankly other than the Bay its not the all out Bonanza some make it out to be.
:huh:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Boat is getting bottom done this weekend then water pumps on Monday, Then she is ready to go. Hoping to go back in the 1st week of March.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
8AM TODAY....

SHIP JOHN IS 40.1
CENTRAL BAY BUOY IS 41.0
BRANDYWINE IS 41.7
LEWES IS 42.8
CM FERRY IS 44.8

Looks like a 'DEFINITE GO' 1st weekend of MARCH -- If we dont get any "surprise" snowy/cold snaps between now and then !

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
8AM TODAY....

SHIP JOHN IS 40.1
CENTRAL BAY BUOY IS 41.0
BRANDYWINE IS 41.7
LEWES IS 42.8
CM FERRY IS 44.8

Looks like a 'DEFINITE GO' 1st weekend of MARCH -- If we dont get any "surprise" snowy/cold snaps between now and then !
Only problem is going to be able to find fresh bait that early.....

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Only problem is going to be able to find fresh bait that early.....
CLAMS - March + Early April. Try the 'Girl's place' at the end of rt.55. Can call ahead and reserve some. If for some reason - no clams -- Bucktails dressed with a piece of Mackeral. I've used a 1 oz Bucktail -White with mackeral stripped as you use for flounder. But for easy 'pickings' fresh clam on an eel rig--yes-Fishfinder EEL Rig--no need for the hooks wih barbs on the shaft,but,if your more comfortable with a small Drum rig --same thing really. 2nd tap will usually put the striper on your hook if you pay attention.Definitely HIT him by the 3rd tap. I do VERY well on the 2nd tap. After the 3rd tap--the clam will be gone regardless of drum or eel fishfinder rig being used. Find them and Dont anchor since they be a moving.

·
Registered
21,839 Posts
I think I'm available for an Open Boat trip.:thumbsup: I'm also inclined to do so this March.

Can't go back to work till April 1st, I need something to fill my day.:p;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.