BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we are talkin! Finally get a clear shot of what's happening out there.
Who's going to be the first to get a tuna?
Cinco de mahi? Ecoregion Water Map Line Geological phenomenon

·
Registered
121 Posts
The eddy just has to keep moving properly. These NE boys get the good stuff every year.
Funny, we say the same thing about the NJ guys. ;)

Seriously though, these early eastern eddies RARELY ever contain fish. Maybe a few rat yft on a good year, maybe bft. Usually the boats that go pull blanks. The bus may be at the station, but no fish got on it before it left.

I'm looking to hit the hudson by mothers day. Before that, I'll only run if I personally know a boat that does well. Some people on the net like to play games to get others to run out and prospect for them. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Seriously though, these early eastern eddies RARELY ever contain fish. Maybe a few rat yft on a good year, maybe bft. Usually the boats that go pull blanks. The bus may be at the station, but no fish got on it before it left.

I'm looking to hit the hudson by mothers day. Before that, I'll only run if I personally know a boat that does well. Some people on the net like to play games to get others to run out and prospect for them. Been there, done that.

At the rate the eddy is moving it will be in the hudson by mothers days ...Ive been watching it for quite some time and it was sucking gulf stream water for a WHILE....I bet there is fish and its 74 degree massive warm eddie...I get what you are saying about people playing games but I myself and everyone else here knows you have to be in it to win it.....If I sat here all season and waited on people to tell me whats going on rather then do my own home work and yes spend lots of my own money I would never catch anything....Taking risks and being the first is prob more rewarding to me then sitting around waiting on other people

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really hope you are right. I want people to go out there and fill their boxes!

But experience tells me to stay put right now. I know you can't catch fish at the dock, but you can't fish when they aren't there either.

Good luck! And I really do mean that. This is one case where I would love to be wrong.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd rather go and fail, than to sit at the dock and wait for everyone else to give me a report.

We've done a few early season trips fishing the NE Canyons, namely Atlantis, Veatch, etc..... Some we got skunked, some we filled the boxes. Either way, they were all fun.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts

Classic case of "grass is always greener" :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
we make reports not follow them!!!!! Couple years ago the best fishing up north was in may and June the rest of the summer sucked all rats.

we will be running in the next week or two can't wait

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You better go in a big boat because it will be rough as crap when you hit that warm water.
100% correct - it gets evil out there on edges like that - Hydro has 47 Degree water at the tip and 72 degrees at the mouth - a break like that gets ugly weather real quick.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Hydrographers Canyon has about a 20 degree plus temp break in about 10 miles. CRAZY.
Sure that gets a bit rough. Getting in the batter's deck!
Glenn
Old Man and the Sea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.