BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard [but Idon't remember where or from whom] that WD-40 sprayed on Power-Pro Braided line helps prevent tangles/backlashes. I've tried it and it mkes a difference. I also saw a few years ago on a fishing show from Oregon that they were spraying WD-40 on their plugs. It would give off a slick that helped to draw strikes. My question is how toxic is Wd-40? My can only has "petroleum distillants" listed as ingredients. If WD-40 is not good to use on my Power-Pro, is anyone using another product or oil that isd safer? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I SPAY MY REELS AND FIRE LINE EVERY WEEK OR SO. I WAS TOLD IT HELPS AGENTS BREAK DOWN FROM THE UV RAYS???

AND AS ANY BAY RAT FROM THE MILLVILLE AREA IT HAS BEEN USED FOR YEARS ON BUCKTIALS AND EVEN SHEDDER.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I try to give my reels and line a shot of "Blakemore Reel magic" when I'm done fishing. It is supposedly odorless when dry and leaves no residue to hold sand or unwanted particles.

If you want to give your line a little zip for casting you can try armorall.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I usually pick mine up at "Blackwater Tackle" in Vineland. I believe I have gotten it at Finaddicts in O.C..

The stuff really does work and is the fastest way to deal with your equip. when your tired from fishing.

I would think that most tackle shops carry it. It also cost about three times as much as WD-40 so it must be three times as good???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts