BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
WOW! NICE FISH! How much did that weight?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Everytime I see theese big tiderunner pics I just want to vent about the 14 inch size limit. I know raising size limits is not a topic that everyone agrees with, but a big weakie like the one pictured above is one of the most beutifull fish God put on the planet. A 14 incher has about two tabelspoons of meat on it. Would many of you guys beef is the size limit was raised to 18 or 20 inches and what size limit do you think would create more awsome tiderunners?
Barrell

[ 05-11-2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: barrell ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Nice fish man. Way to put it to um. I would love to see alot more of those around. Thin k that weighed more then all the weakies I caught last year put together.

·
Registered
75,169 Posts
Haven't had one like that in a while. Great job!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
12-13lbs, my guess. Male, yellow fins. Nice fish!!! :D

Barrell:
Yeah, the size limit for weaks is really pathetic. Do what they did for redfish, keep 2 or 3 fish within the slot limit between 15-25" or so, and release all the rest. Let the big spawning cows live, eat the more widespread younger fish. It'll never happen, though, as long as they are still a commercially fished species.

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
I used to keep weakfish only when between 18-22 inches.

You should have seen the look on guys faces in the spring when my buddies and I would be throwing back 7-8 lb weakfish.

The meat from the big ones I have always found to be mushy and doesn't freeze well.

The 18-22 inchers have firm fillets and are nice size.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
if they raise them to 18" for us rec guys will they do it for the commies? I would have to guess no.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No matter how you look at it until they cut the commies off for good the fishing for weaks will always be hit and miss and then eventually gone.

By the way beautiful fish. Almost to nice to eat. I said almost.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts