BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had the pleasure of being turned on to fishing for weakies this year. however, the only way i could manage to get them were on herring rigs and shrimp rigs. i had a great time and love the tablefare. could anyone offer a newby some tips or tricks for 2006. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
pink and white soft plastics on lightest jighead u need to hold bottom--3way swivel rig with 3 feet of leader with sandworm--may june for the biggies

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sabiki with plastic shrimp. mustad brand i think. productive but a lot of small fish

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also had a good time using gulp saltwater shrimp on a worm hook back in august.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I did very well with the new tsunami 1/2 ounce curly tail swim baits.

The ultimate is a 1/2 pink rattlr rap. Also alot of guys on th board do reallt well with either zoom flukes ot curly tail grubs with 1/4 to 1/2 jig heads. Colors rainbow trout , bubblegum, and my favorite white. Even bass pattern work too. If you get into a school and they stop bioting change color or work a suspending plug. Best plugs lucky craft or any mirror lure catch 2000 suspenders pref 1/2 ounce

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
If looking for tiderunners-April,May & June are your primetime months and depending on the weather will determine which one of those months will be more productive.And my favorite lures are the BubbleGum SaltySuperFluke by ZOOM and a Black MirrOlure.

Once you get into the Summer Season with the spikes to 20"ers I have found that they just cannot resist the New Gulp Baits .

The 3" & 4" Minnow Grubs especially the Pink were HOT for me this past year..

Good Luck Next Year...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys rock. thank you all so much. see you in 06

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
gulp shrimp were hot this year pulled a few bass on them as well. 1/4 ounce rattle trap also good.
Those smaller fish can be like knats either throw to different current eddis or tie on a bigger lure. The small guys maybe beating the tiderunners to the bait. But that maynot be the case either. Until we start snorkelling we won't know for sure

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Nightstrikes have you ever used a pink rattle trap 1/2 ounce. Man it is awesome. You can special order them or go to basspro in baltimore

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I still haven't figured tiderunners out yet & I probably never will :D

As for the summer weakies, livelining peanuts with light tackle worked for me this year as well as pink & black fin-s.

[ 12-21-2005, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: mch ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by insomniac:
Nightstrikes have you ever used a pink rattle trap 1/2 ounce. Man it is awesome. You can special order them or go to basspro in baltimore
No, but that does sound like a great combo.I do have a couple of the Chrome in different sizes and have had alot of succes with them as well on Bass.

There is just something about that Pink color.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Night, you do anything with the gulps in the spring? Mean for tiderunners? I use the same as Nightstrikes, but prefer fineese pinkies, 5&1/2 inch. May 4 me is prime for tiderunners. have caught them on zooms also. "I" prefer fineese!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I really didn't start using the GULPS until later in the season. But this coming Spring I will be trying a little different approach with them Shrimp Patterns drifing them with the tide.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
ANY GENERAL AREA TO HARVEST THE TIDE RUNNERS?
UPPER /MIDDLE /LOWER.. OTHER THEN THE 15 TO 20 INCH IN THE FALL I HAVE NOT SEEN A TIDE RUNNER IN YEARS BUT THATS MY FAULT FOR NOT TARGETING THEM.
I KNOW GUYS GO AFTER THEM IN SHEEPHEADS CREEK IN TUCKERTON BUT THATS A MAD HOUSE.NOW THAT I HAVE A CAPABLE BOAT FOR THE SPRING RUN FOR DRUM WEAKIE BIGUMS WILL BE NEXT.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by phish4fun:
ANY GENERAL AREA TO HARVEST THE TIDE RUNNERS?
UPPER /MIDDLE /LOWER.. OTHER THEN THE 15 TO 20 INCH IN THE FALL I HAVE NOT SEEN A TIDE RUNNER IN YEARS BUT THATS MY FAULT FOR NOT TARGETING THEM.
I KNOW GUYS GO AFTER THEM IN SHEEPHEADS CREEK IN TUCKERTON BUT THATS A MAD HOUSE.NOW THAT I HAVE A CAPABLE BOAT FOR THE SPRING RUN FOR DRUM WEAKIE BIGUMS WILL BE NEXT.
phish4fun,
The Little Egg Inlet/Great Bay area is always a great place to start looking for the early tiderunner fish.With a boat you can explore alot of structure that hold the Bigums,put your time in and for the most part nighttime is the best time... ;)

Good Luck,.,,

[ 12-22-2005, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
AFTER FURTHER REVIEW I FOUND SOME OF MY NOTES FROM YEARS AGO. INSHORE IN THE SHALLOWS NEAR SOD BANKS NORTH OF FORTESCUE AND THE STRUCTURES NEAR THE MIDDLE OF THE BAY.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Phish, sent mail.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
yes to all the above and weakies like rattle traps as well....caught a bunch this summer with the smaller rattle traps

1 - 20 of 35 Posts