BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never fished for weaks before, but have caught a few spikes in the late summer/fall. I see a lot of pictures of 10lb weakies, and they seem like a back-bay trophy.

My question is, what type of habitat do weaks prefer? If I targeted them, should I fish bridges with pink fin-s'? sods with plugs/poppers? jetties? pilings/structure? I'm looking for a general idea on what atrracts weaks, so I could target them specifically. Its probably a little late, but any help is appreciated.
BTW-I have no boat/yak. only waders.
If you feel it necassary, my email is [email protected]

[ 06-07-2005, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: bucktail3 ]

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hey there "uglystick". Have caught 7 outa 12 hook-ups this year on fish tween 8&12 lbs. Not a "great" year, but not bad. I may fish 1 or 2 more times 4 them, but not sure. Mainly backwaters, sodbanks or structure(lighthouse, bridge, etc). I use 99% pinkies. It is getting late. If you need a "spot", let me know. See ya on the tables.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey on the hook!
thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated. Sounds like youve gotten some nice ones this spring. I dont want to bug you for spots or anything, but thanks for the offer... I figured it would be kinda late anyway.
It was nice talkin to you this past winter, and I still think the barn should have some sort of chat room. ;)

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Bucktail3,
There is still time,a couple of different options for you.. NO BOAT NEEDED....
Either Float Bloodworms around any Inlet Jetty or CapeMay Jetty early in the morning,also Bucktail the bottom in these same locations..
Second, work a Black MirrOlure during a In-coming
tide at night around any inlet,or work a Pink Rubber Jig off or around any lighted bridge after dark during the Out-Going tides...

Good Luck,,

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Went outgoin today. Few blues and 1 weakie just a hair over 10#. Only bite I had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts