BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, :confused:
Another dumb question. I fish the chesnut neck area inside the creeks and bay and am wondering when the best time is start looking for these critters. I have fished deep point a couple of times and have ahd some success but alot of small fish. Also what other species might I fish for in this area and about what time does things start heating up? Im assuming in the spring when the temps start warming again? I hope to get into some striper action too! Will these fish be in the back creeks or bay or mainly outside. I have a 16' grumman so I am kinda limited to where I can go! Thanks for any help. I appreciate it! :confused:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
You have a nice size boat for exploring the area. You can start on March 1st when striper opens. Aparently theres been a pretty good perch bite in the Chestnut neck area now. If you dont have a fish finder I would recomend getting one and learn the contours of the river. Hopefully some of the more experienced river fisherman will chime in with some ideas for you. Also try seaching threads in homeport, striper and tacklebox.

[ 02-07-2006, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Vitalsigns ]

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
SHEAPHEADS CREEK IS A GOOD BET. EARLY AM BEFORE THE TRAFFIC BUT THATS NORMALLY IMPOSSIBLE.
THERE IS A B&T IN MYSTIC THAT CAN HELP YOU OUT.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
should do well on stripers through april,the bay fills up with 3-8 lb blues around the first week of may,should be some weaks too.Fluking is good early may-mid may too.check scotts b&t for info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts