BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scouring a NY based web site and I came across this picture of our own Andy W (Tunavet) holding 2 Cod that he caught this past Wednesday on the Rosie

Nice picture Andy.

Peter

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
thanks

I was looking for that pic. I forgot my camera so that is the only pic that proves I made the solo trip to Montauk to "pop my cod cherry!" I managed 7 fish...with the biggest on the right prob. ~10-12#. The picture was taken by Capt. Henry Freeney that I coincidently saw on the Northeast Angler tv show this AM blackfishing on MSG. Small world.

Cant wait to do it again. Cod chowder for dinner tonight!

Thanks for finding the picture Peter! Congrats on your limit catch!

--Andy

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy,

Seee the below Montauk weather report for this coming week. Any interest in going up on Wednesday (weather permitting)?

Peter

This Afternoon
NE winds around 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 9 to 13 ft. Snow. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Tonight
N winds 25 to 30 kt. Gusts up to 45 kt in the evening. Seas 7 to 10 ft...subsiding to 5 to 8 ft after midnight.
Sun
NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 7 ft.
Sun Night
NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
Mon
W winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
Mon Night
NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Tue
W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of snow. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Wed
NE winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW in the afternoon...then increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the evening... increasing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft... building to 5 to 7 ft after midnight. A chance of snow...then a chance of snow showers. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.