BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in the channel near the old train bridge and had a pretty good afternoon. The report wasn't good Byron P and Strob were both off the charters today and were out flounder pounding all morning with all throw backs so me and Mini Stain figured we would try the kids luck and with Capt Phil on board we stole the Biggests craft and took a ride.

We caught mostly throwbacks but Mini boated a 3.5 lber and 3 other keepers the rest of us caught 1 keeper he also had a bluefish. I think between the two boats we had 39 throwbacks 5 keepers a small blue and throw back weakies.

The tall guys were using 3/4 to 1 oz bucktails with either live minnows or dead shiners and the Mini Me was using a top and bottom tog rig with live on the bottom and shiner on the top 2oz lead. He also lost another fish as big or bigger than the 3.5lber :eek: We fished the tail end of the incoming and the beginning of the outgoing best was at slow moving water when the rigs were almost straight up and down.

Ya think we would have switched over to the hot rig but no we are professionals and didn't want to fish with a shoebee rig. :D

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Thats great that you got mini me out with ya ;) . I know that you are never going to hear the end of "I beat my Dad" story :D . Way to go mini, nice job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts