BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Viking today. Beacuse of the weather we were the only boat to leave the harbor. Left the dock at 3am only to turn around after someone cut open his head pretty good. Left again at 3:45am.
Steamed out to SE of Block Island and started to fish by about 5:30am. It was a hot early bite. I limited out 10 keepers). Nothing large and quite a few throw backs. Pool fish may have been 10 pounds or so. Kil was rightM the big fish have not yet arrived, however, the action is good. Fresh surf clams with pink or red jelly worms worked well today. Please pardon this message as I am typing it from my BB as we steam back home. Tight lines.
Peter

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thanks for the report. Heading to RI hopefully fri. sailing on a charter boat that only takes 10 pass for $145, need 6 more pass to go. If anyone wants the info on the boat send me an email.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Aren't certain waters in mass closed for Cod right now?

If so, what waters are fishable for the Helen H? I am asking because I too am interested.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Peb3 - this will be my first cod trip ever. My understanding is that certain areas in MA are closed. Not really sure where we are heading. Spoke with Kil last week and he said that we might be a little late for MA cod (of course after the trip was already booked). He suggested the Frances boats out of RI. Been trading e-mails with a couple of barners that have made the trip several times. They were supposed to head out last weekend and got blown out. They reschedule for the 16th so there should be at least 4 BB's on the trip (weather permitting). Really looking forward to the trip. Will post a report if we make it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.