BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a vacation week for fishing and golfing the week of april 26, i dont not care where i golf, as i golf for my school and get to golf enough and it would just be to get out but where do you think would be the best place to go, either OBX, VA, MD, or rent a place somewhere in OC,NJ, i would be looking to take a charter once for stripers..i was looking to target big weaks and stripers where do you think would be my best chance for that week to catch some good action? thanks guys
mike

·
Registered
562 Posts
mike, you can come out with me on my boat

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Come and golf at Avalon on the 21st then fish on the Stalker or the Adam Bomb. Look in the Dry Dock for the Golf Scramble. I can get you nice 3-7 lb tog off land.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah kyle, whats your cell number...im also lookin to get out in the beginning of the season right around march 1...are you in? are you still staying down there or are you in voorhees, cuz maaybe we could ride down together

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
We have some of the spring's best striper fishing that time of year in the Delaware Bay, and rips, then you can golf for a good cause with Steve.

We can help you find a place to rent anywhere from Cape May to Ocean City, which would be minutes from the golf course and our boat.

Here are some reports from last year, to give you an idea of the fishing that time of year.. You might not get a weakie, but we may get some big black drum mixed in, and will definately get some nice stripers!

April 29 - 84 bass today in the rips!!!
PM trip:

Frankie, Ed Barell, Todd, and 3 others (sorry I lost your names, if you have them, please email them over to me.) fished with us today on an open boat.

Personally I thought with wind against the tide they wouldn't have bit as well as the morning tide. But I was wrong, these guys boated a total of 84 bass to 36". 3 fish were over 34" in one drift, which was pretty cool.

Anything was working, but we mainly used a white Andrus bucktail with a chartruse worm, just like the fall! Come on down because it's on fire!!!

April 29
AM trip:

We left the dock at 7AM with Joe Murray and his group. We arrived to our destination at about 7:25. The tide was still a bit slack, once she got going the bass wanted to eat and big time! We had fish up to 36" and boated 32 stripers for the trip. 4 guys on the trip had never even seen a striper in their life until today, good job guys!

April 28
We had to cancel our morning trip due to hard NW winds.

In the PM we fished with Seth Austin and his group in the backwater. We anchored up and fished with fresh clam. Seth and his group of 3 had thier limit of slot fish. They were happy since none of them had ever caught a striper before! We ended the trip boating 16 bass and missed a few others. The fishing in awesome right now, in the back, in the bay, and in the rips, it that time!!!

April 27
We had an trip with one angler, RJ this morning. RJ had never caught a striper in his life. Well, we changed that real quick, actually on the second drift of the morning. In fact he caught 20 bass himself up to 37". Not to bad for not ever catching a striper ever. Skip and RJ boated 45 stripers to 37".

Skip came in and I persuaded him to head back out, we left around 6:30 PM and fished til dark, boating 10 more bass to 35". It was a great evening out there with glassy conditions and a perfect sunset.

April 26 40 POUNDER TODAY!!!!
Rich Kennedy, Tom Scott, Frank Derckle, Jim Carroll and Bob Duda fished on the STALKER this morning.

We arrived at our spot just a bit after 7AM. The tide was rolling hard and the marks on the fishfinder were off the charts! I think if the tide was a bit slower we would have even done alot better. We ended up with over 35 bass caught in a 4hr span.

The biggest surprise of the day was a 40 lber. caught by Bob Duda, the biggest bass ever boated on the STALKER, good job Bob and Capt. Skip.

April 22
The weather wasn't so nice but the fishing was as good as is gets!

Charles Longnecker, Bill Sales, Pete Quinones, Ron Parker, and Ray Halcombe ended the day with a total of 37 bass to 32". There were also alot of other hits and misses.

April 21
Jim White and his group had fished the Delaware Bay. They had 27 stripers to 31". They had also heard some drum under the boat.

April 20
We had a great group of guys out this morning. We fished with Joe Toe, his brother Gary, Brian Fitzpatrick, Jim Brennan, Greg Rodriquez, and Todd Hampton. At first it was looking bleek at best for us. But then I got a call and made a 12 mile move to where we found some fish. We boated 30 to be exact! to 32".

We can get you on a full charter, or just 1 or 2 of you on an open boat. If you are interested let me know. Good luck whatever you do!

[ 02-20-2006, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Stalker Charters ]

·
Registered
20,193 Posts
April 26, 2005. A day that will live in infamy on the "Dirty Deeds"

Two fishermen, 4 hours, 30 stripers, a limit of keepers, bushel of clam and more laughs then I can remember.

Fish man Fish!!!!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Originally posted by Marine Tom:
April 26, 2005. A day that will live in infamy on the "Dirty Deeds"

Two fishermen, 4 hours, 30 stripers, a limit of keepers, bushel of clam and more laughs then I can remember.

Fish man Fish!!!!
Sounds like a great day! Can't wait til the spring. Were you using a red hook :D ?

·
Registered
20,193 Posts
Skip, I will pass some kudos to you, here and now!

I learned everything I know about striper fishing in the Delaware Bay from Capt Skip of the "Stalker". So if anyone needs a great day of fishing call Capt Skip. I'm serious dude! You the man.

I still use the redhooks, but not for stripers, I went to darker colored hooks for them.

See on the water. Capt Tom (Redhook)

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Marine Tom:
Skip, I will pass some kudos to you, here and now!

I learned everything I know about striper fishing in the Delaware Bay from Capt Skip of the "Stalker". So if anyone needs a great day of fishing call Capt Skip. I'm serious dude! You the man.

I still use the redhooks, but not for stripers, I went to darker colored hooks for them.

See on the water. Capt Tom (Redhook)
Thanks a ton Tom! Sure had alot of fun when you were on the boat! Hey, I get alot of guys with their own boats...they pull them for the season...and still want to fish...so I'm sure I'll be fishing with you again! ;) Good luck this season! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts