BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat.
I got out late in the rain and at slack tide and I caught sharks and skates in the intercoastal. Was pretty crappy out but nice to have icw to yourself.

Sun.
Had Big Daddy Barry and his brother Bruce down for the day. Great crew.We went out to the reef early and had a great few hrs on sea bass.Saw allot of barners drifting the same structure.We had multiple hook ups and some doubles. Also had two flounder sea bass hook ups.We had fish in the 3 to 4 lb. range. One keeper flounder at 20" on a sea bass rig.Once the wind shifted SE the bite stopped. Heard some better reports from the back on flounder when we got back to the dock. We were using three hook sea bass rigs. Cut clam for bait. Short drifts over structure. The pics are bad cause I took them with my cell phone. time for a new camara

Big Daddy

Crew

Killin'

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ed, Thanks for a great trip, the sea bass were hot and furious for those first couple of hours. I couldn't believe that Flounder, Sea Bass double
. Had me hoping for that 8 Lber. when I was reeling it in. ;)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barry, I had a great time.The only thing that southeast was good for was a tail wind. I think the 17:00 minutes to the bell is a new record for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.