BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't started the motor up in over a month. Primed the ball and turned the key. The old 200 Yamaha kicked right over. Gotta love that Yami.

Tied to the dock I kicked it in gear and juiced it up. Neat watching the exhaust gases floating around under the ice looking for a hole out. Water pressure finally blew the ice out from behind the boat. It's two and a half inches thick and the water temp was a toasty 30 degrees.

Two and a half inches and thirty degrees. At least the long range calls for temps into the 40's next week. Come on spring.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Okay, Fred, I feel maybe my last post was not very "sensitive"?!! Maybe, what I'm tryin' to say is, if the boat started on the first kick, that is wonderful! But look around the dock... there is no one there, and sometimes that is good. All is quiet for only a short time. Today I stood on our dock in my red leopard print pajama's, drank a cup of coffee and took pictures of huge Blue Heron sitting in the marsh grass. Then I spotted two or three "birds of prey working the marsh." I took pictures of them. I saw 30 or 40 Bufflehead ducks, floating out my back door. This evening I listened to a Red Tailed Hawk squeaking in the Osprey Nest across the creek, I had my back door full open, so i could hear this, while I watched the sunset. I listen to two Night Heron's sqwaucking under my bed every night. I think I live in a great place every season of the year. Lot's of folks would give their right arm to experience this every day. I do miss my summer friends and the kiddies running around the dock in the summer, but this, as well, is nice, and is is only for a short time, so try to enjoy!!

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cathy.

I was wearing my blue heron disguise and taking pictures of red leopard standing on a dock.

Sounds like you guys paid your wildlife dues on the other side of the bridge. We haven't so we just get gulls. Sure it's quiet and the birds are fantastic but I want the water. And I want fish in that water. And I want my line in the water. And I want red leopard thongs instead of PJ'S.

Right now two and a half inches of ice is preventing fish from swirling and thirty degree water is holding back the thongs. Thats the sucky part.

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:
Hey Cathy.

I was wearing my blue heron disguise and taking pictures of red leopard standing on a dock.

Sounds like you guys paid your wildlife dues on the other side of the bridge. We haven't so we just get gulls. Sure it's quiet and the birds are fantastic but I want the water. And I want fish in that water. And I want my line in the water. And I want red leopard thongs instead of PJ'S.

Right now two and a half inches of ice is preventing fish from swirling and thirty degree water is holding back the thongs. Thats the sucky part.
What happened to that dog sized Raccoon my daughter and I saw? Have you seen him around Fred?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Tied to the dock I kicked it in gear and juiced it up. Neat watching the exhaust gases floating around under the ice looking for a hole out. Water pressure finally blew the ice out from behind the boat. It's two and a half inches thick and the water temp was a toasty 30 degrees.

What sucks the fact the your exhaust gases got stuck under the ice and killed three loons and two seals. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Fred - I agree, the cold weather went from suck to blow.

You know it's damn cold when the Cape May County Zoo lets the polar bears out to forage for their food free-range style.

Mark

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:

Right now two and a half inches of ice is preventing fish from swirling and thirty degree water is holding back the thongs. Thats the sucky part. [/QB]
Well Put!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts