BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
TheMakoMan19,
Yes, right in your backyard (Barnegat Bay)
Spike to Just Legal For A Couple Weeks Now...

And Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard.....

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
As for the bays & creeks. Fish quiet waters (no or little traffic) very early or close to late. They frequent my lagoon but spikes only. Do the bloodworm/shad dart tied direct,(6 lb test mono max & light drag to match, add a bobber if need be & they shall find YOU ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Had 4 on monday, 17-1/2" to 24" behind margate w/ shedder.You have to run around and find them. There are some around.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Whaler 1:
Had 4 on monday, 17-1/2" to 24" behind margate w/ shedder.You have to run around and find them. There are some around.
Without a doubt that is the best bait (shedder)for summertime weakfish in the backbays..
Get out there early before the boat traffic
and you will hook up..
Whaler1, Whats the Price Of The Shedders This Year ?
Thanks,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Whaler 1:
Their about 2 bucks each where i buy them.
Yeah I Thought So....
Back a few years ago,I had it made we knew a comm.crabber the lived close to Corbin City and would work the Tuckahoe River.We would make the run out there from Ocean City on Fri.Ngts and get them for $6.00 a Dozen (.50 each).We would quarter each crab into four baits and fish all weekend and just clean up on Big Weakfish and Bass fishing the SodBanks from Sunrise to about 7-8AM or until the boat traffic chased them away....

[ 07-28-2005, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also run around looking for crabbers to buy from direct, at about a buck each.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Hard to get,becasue they only shed their shells once a month from June thru Sept.and the soft shell condition is short lived before it turns hard again.We also use to go out at night and try to catch them during this peeler period
you would find them attached to say bridge pilings and usually the male is attached to a female for protection or vice a versa..
Maybe some of the Comm.Bait Guys can be more specific of this process..
And they are the real deal when it comes to catching Weakies and Bass in the BackBays..
Very Tasty,,

[ 07-28-2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts