BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take my kids crabbing off of my 24' Grady , but not sure were to go. I keep my boat in Cape May so I figure the back bays of Wildwood will be best. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
STOP IN AT NO BONES BAIT AND TACKLE IN WILDWOOD
BOTTOM OF BRIDGE IMMEDIATE RIGHT. TELL HIM YOUR ON THE BARN. HE IS A SPONSOR. HIS NAME IS FRED.
TAKE A COFFEE AND DONUT OR TWO.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You can make Turtle creek at high tide. I always do pretty well back there in my putt-putt. If you're not familiar with the creek go slow and keep an eye on your sounder. The creek starts right off the intracoastal near the north wildwood bridge. Another spot which isn't too bad is just south of the old RR railroad trestle, west of the intracoastal between the first two little islands.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Scott, if you head towards the old railroad tresal, right as you are heading to it, on your left between 2 islands. i went yesterday and cleaned up!!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Id rent a crabbin boat before I messed up my bigger boat.crabbin is a dirty sport

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Originally posted by Fin-Advisor:
Id rent a crabbin boat before I messed up my bigger boat.crabbin is a dirty sport
THATS WHAT SOAP AND WATER IS FOR.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
your absolutly correct ! but being able to cross some of the flats to get back to the "best crabbin spots" is awesome. there are plenty of spots that I can take my bigger boat to but you have to watch the tides and once the tide starts runnin its a p.i.a. with the handlines. not trying to be a wise *** its just so much easier in one of those old crabbin boats

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Originally posted by Fin-Advisor:
your absolutly correct ! but being able to cross some of the flats to get back to the "best crabbin spots" is awesome. there are plenty of spots that I can take my bigger boat to but you have to watch the tides and once the tide starts runnin its a p.i.a. with the handlines. not trying to be a wise *** its just so much easier in one of those old crabbin boats
YOU CAN BE A WISE ***. THATS WHAT I WAS DOING.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Come on, it is a great way to end the day, jumping out of your boat into the marsh, and sinking in the mud up to your belt, so you can push your LARGE boat out of the low water when you get stuck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.