BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any info on a boat ramp in the west deptford area that is open now. I am planning on going out tomorrow so I checked out the west deptford ramp and it was closed I looked into it and it does not open until April :eek:. Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Not sure if Hargrove or the Oldman are open yet either on the Big Timber.. if you are brave you can hit the Natl Park Beach. I would bet the ramp down at the DOD is open in Pedricktown.

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies...we are actually planning of fishing the CBB area so any ramps in that area that are open now would be helpful too.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Buttonwood marina on So. Bridgeport Rd. Ten bucks. Where is there a ramp in the DOD?

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Clarification

Sorry about the brainfart on the DOD thing I meant Pennsville but had DOD on my mind. I was remincing when we used sneak on the DOD yrs ago thru the fence hunting and fishing..lol

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
870 Posts
I actually thought it was me having the brain fart. I thought to myself all the times I have been back there and I never noticed a ramp.:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks bullseye11f150. We will be there tomorrow in the AM, going out to find those few and far between cows.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good luck, the weather is not going to be to nice for ya but what the hell. If you go I expect to see a report on how you did. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bullseye...thanks again for the ramp info....it wasn't in the best shape but did the job. We didn't get any bass just a perch and a cat. The best thing is that the boat is running great.

·
Registered
149 Posts
dodulik, how bad is the ramp? And was it $10.00? Any problems getting to the river? I have a 18.5' Skeeter Bass Boat, would I have any problems launching there? Sorry for all the questions but I never knew there was a ramp that close to the CB Bridge.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was pretty bad and cost $15. The woman said it will be $20 soon. I'll be using the West Deptford ramp starting april 1st it is only $10. You can try the ramp. The only trouble getting to the river was going under the two low bridges. We had to lower our antena and take the rods out of the rod holders to fit under. There was about 5-6 feet of clearance right around high tide.

·
Registered
870 Posts
dodulik said:
It was pretty bad and cost $15. The woman said it will be $20 soon. I'll be using the West Deptford ramp starting april 1st it is only $10. You can try the ramp. The only trouble getting to the river was going under the two low bridges. We had to lower our antena and take the rods out of the rod holders to fit under. There was about 5-6 feet of clearance right around high tide.
Sorry bout that dodulik, when I used it in Oct. it was still 10 bucks.:confused: He knows with Bridgeport Boat yard out of bussiness that he has the only ramp in that area so there goes the price wars. I agree about the ramp at half way to low tide it can be a little muddy, but hey, if he's going to charge a premier price then he can pay to have it fixed.:cool: Thanks for the report they are on there way. For spring stripers I usually go to the free ramp in Salem and fish for them down there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How about the ramp in Chester Pa under the CBB? I beleive that is a free ramp. Just have to pay bridge toll. I had our tow vehicle broke into there about ten years ago. Haven't been back since. Been using Bridgeport Marina ramp past several years but have heard it is not acessible. Anyone know for sure. Read something about Buttonwood Marina up the Racoon Creek a couple miles.Is this ramp decent?

·
Registered
201 Posts
trackerpt190 said:
How about the ramp in Chester Pa under the CBB? I beleive that is a free ramp. Just have to pay bridge toll. I had our tow vehicle broke into there about ten years ago. Haven't been back since. Been using Bridgeport Marina ramp past several years but have heard it is not acessible. Anyone know for sure. Read something about Buttonwood Marina up the Racoon Creek a couple miles.Is this ramp decent?
Look up, tracker. That ramp sucks before and after high tide.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Boat ramps

The Old Bridgeport Boat yard has been sold to Atlantic Sub Salv and is no longer available for any public use, :( The ButtonWood yard up the creek above the rt 130 and RR bridge, now Charges $200.00 season or $20,00 a launch:eek: The only gane in town and they know it:mad: The Gravel ramp on flood gate rd has been fenced off by Dupont. The chester ramp is a real gamble with the local's:eek:

It's a real shame when you consider the number of launch sites lost in the last ten years, At one time every yard in Essington had a ramp now Tinicum residents have to go to Darby creek Old Marrows Marine $ 70.00 pass with fee for gate card. The problem with W deptford and Nat park is running distance a Gas cost, I mostly waterfowl hunt the river and the cost and running distance has changed how and where i hunt.

I figured it now cost me $18.00 in gas based on $3.00 gal to tow my 19'CC from Cedarville To Bridgeport and $20.00 to put her in the water $10.00 for bait $$$ 48.00 for a day on the river.

I came to the realization that no matter how much I love the delaware river and the life long history of hunting and fishing on her I just cannot afford the cost!!! The Fishing in the Maurice and Cohansey are just as good or better The distance is close and ramp is reasonable or free depending on location. I will make a trip to the Delaware from time too time but the good old days have got up and went!:rolleyes: Good Fishing to all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts