BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long day out on the river I knew had had to come in and take a healty S**T. I thought I would make it back to the house after pullin the boat out. But I didn't want to chance it, so I decided to utilize the facilities and the public ramp. BAD MOVE!! I can't believe that a township as big and as recreation friendly has THE WORST "Mr. Bob" I have ever been in. I can't even imagine if my wife or my daughter had to go.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
West deptford keep up with porta potties at public ramps?, Yeah right, West deptford focus's on its pride and joy-RIVERWINDS. They don't care about the recreational boaters or fisherman, they only pay close attention to their lavish family/GOLF center at the riverwinds. I was born, raised, and live in west deptford. Its become this little snotty want to be town. Hey man they don't care about us only the money that they're pull'n in at the riverwinds. Hey, you fish at the Avalon Manor, thats on of me frequent fish'n spots. Maybe we should meet up there sometime.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Diehard: I don't do much fishin just gofastin but I also was born and raised in WD and somewhat enjoy the town. Don't hold against me (I golf too) but I agree with you for the most part and unless we move to the "other side of the tracks" they just don't seem to care. And as far as the Manor goes I get there when I can, which isn't much these days, but I try.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Diehard: I don't do much fishin just gofastin but I also was born and raised in WD and somewhat enjoy the town. Don't hold against me (I golf too) but I agree with you for the most part and unless we move to the "other side of the tracks" they just don't seem to care. And as far as the Manor goes I get there when I can, which isn't much these days, but I try.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by FLUKEMASTER:
Hey guys sorry about the bad pot.
"Bad Pot" in West Deptford? Since when ;) ...LOL!

Peanut,(incase you don't already know this) the next time you're in the WD area and ya need to make a "pit stop", ya might wanna consider taking a trip up Woodbury Creek to the White Bridge Tavern. They've got floating dock you can tie up to. While you're there you can get a bite to eat and or refil your cooler with cold drinks if neccessary

I grew up in West Deptford myself. Back in the day when the ladies had to use the ladies room they had two choices~

The Island or White Bridge.

Needless to say I made my fair share of stops at the Bridge ;)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
You guys are talking about my home town. I still like the town and what they do for kids, but you got it right when you say snooty. I live in the "Thorofare" section off Red Bank Ave. and you would think we are lepper's or something. The now mayor once made a statement(before she was mayor) when one of the very unnessasary bond issues went down that it was "those Thorofare people who killed it". I wish our vote was that strong. The White Bridge brings back many memories, also Rebel's, Duer's, Tripple A, Columbia cafe, Capt. Cats, Crown Point Inn, Jerry Williams old place(forgot the name, he used to be the Eagles coach), Paridise Inn, now I hear they are going to build a night club at the "Winds". Times are achanging I guess.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As promised, check out the NEW porta pot at the ramp. It was delivered on Friday and has running water at the sink and is the "best" the porta pot industry has to offer. Hey I'm proud to be from the North end of West Deptford, besides name one other town in South Jersey who has a boat ramp better than OURS. We should be grateful, how many times when we were kids did we get stuck trying to put our boats in at "Sandy Beach". NOt to mention the cops locking the gate at the bottom of Beach Hill so we couldn't use the beach!!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Kudos Flukemaster on the quick install of the new "Pot". Wow Mr. Peanut MM, you must really have clout. I hope you get to use it and enjoy. :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Flukemaster,
so you're in charge of porta pots in WD huh? Always wondered what your job was exactly :D
How's the fishin up your way? We need that super skiff

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Boat ramp at West Deptford?
Where is it? Is it at the River Winds Complex?
How do I get there from Audubon?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I will be holding my bowls waiting for your answer. Thanks.

[ 06-29-2004, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: capthersch ]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to get to the boat rampin WD go to the end of Red Bank ave.{the street Underwood Hospital is on} and make a left onto 2nd street. the ramp is 2 blocks down on your right.

Hey grabber, I'll try to do almost anything in WD to try and keep the boaters happy!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We should all give Flukemaster credit for keeping his word and looking after us boaters in WD and Avalon Manor {NOB'S RAMP}. although I brought the "POT" problem to everyones attention, he got it taken care of. HATS OFF TO THE FLUKEMASTER!!!!!He made the "POT" the best in WD

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
YO NOB!

I forgot you were the "FLUKEMASTER" until I read Peanuts reply were he mentioned Avalon Manor. That's when I put 2 + 2 together ;)

Thanx for hooking us up with the "Pot"...LOL!

Anyway, between you and I (Two West Deptford guys) at least one of us should know fishpole5

Hey Nob! Did ya ever hear of any of these places?~ Rebel's, Duer's, Tripple A, Columbia cafe, Capt. Cats, Crown Point Inn...LOL!

It's funny Fishpole mentioned Rebel. I called him the other day to say hello but he wasn't home. Now there's a hillbilly who could hunt!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
MAN, yous guys in WD have more bars then Gloucester?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
They don't have more bars then Riverside! I was in Germany back in say 1990 in the Army they have their own paper called The Stars and Stripes. Well one of the articles in there was about most bars per capita and the winner was Riverside NJ~! growing up in Delran (right next to Riverside) I used this to show my Army buddies where my stamina came from ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Ron how about, Manor inn, Southwood, WaterWheel, Scanlons, Gidiron-Montana Mining-12 South, Crown Pt. Inn and still the coldest beer & best sandwiches in town THE COLONIAL!!!!! But you are too young to remember all these places, ask Uncle Freddy, He"ll remember them ALL. Rebel was just up a few weeks ago. did you get my email? need your cell #, lost my phone {& numbers} to a truck on rt. 45.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I remember the Water Wheel had a dive club and they owened a sail boat named the Leaky Teaky. The Coast Guard finally got so tired of towing them they sunk it.
The paint came from NJDOT unknown to the state. It was the only boat in NJ painted Guard Rail White. LOL

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by FLUKEMASTER:
Hey Ron how about, Manor inn, Southwood, WaterWheel, Scanlons, Gidiron-Montana Mining-12 South, Crown Pt. Inn and still the coldest beer & best sandwiches in town THE COLONIAL!!!!! But you are too young to remember all these places, ask Uncle Freddy, He"ll remember them ALL.
Wow Nob! Now you're dipping into the "Archives"! I'm sure Uncle Fred remembers them places well
Did ya ever try the root beer they have on tap at the Colonial? If not, give it a taste next time you're there

Rebel was just up a few weeks ago.
So...how's he doing?

did you get my email? need your cell #, lost my phone {& numbers} to a truck on rt. 45.
If you sent it yesterday I didn't check my email. I'll reply tonight. Or I can just leave my # with your secretary :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts