BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on with this town? I was there friday afternoon til yesterday noon time when I got the hell out! Thank God for four wheel drive because WWW hasn't dont a damn thing about the roads yet and it's 10:00 AM Monday morning and it stopped snowing Saturday night. Reports from friends still in WWW is; the roads are still not plowed with the exception of Glenwood ave. Glenwood is a county road, that's why it's plowed. No other roads are being done by WWW. I certainly can understand the power outage due to the numerous downed wires and broken telephone poles, I saw it first hand, BUT! The electric company told me they will not even attempt to restore power in WWW until the roads are cleared. So if you live in WWW good luck with frozen pipes. I am being told that almost all the WWW public works department trucks are in disrepair and are unable to clear the snow. Funny thing is I managed to get my truck out to Rio Grand earlyunday morning to get Kerosene. As soon as I crossed the bridge into Wildwood the roads were plowed, Packed down snow but clear and drivable, Same thing for North Wildwood. I'm certain those towns were out all night clearing roads. Not WWW. WTF???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Walt, I was down yesterday and could not get to my home on Mueller Ave. Glenwood is the omly plowed street and down by D Ave. poles and wires are down. Thre ex-mayor was actually plowing with private equipment over by me but no other WW employees could be found except for the 2 onmarked police riding up and down Glenwood. My water is off but the heat and fridge were on. It is not good, it reminded me of a war zone. God luck

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I called the WW Crest Police Department today and they said half the Crest is out and there are allot of down wires..Thats about it!! I may have to take a ride down tonight..:rolleyes: Really looking forward to that!

·
Registered
82,550 Posts
Will anyone down there Call your Public Officials on this “Mess”. They’re too busy stuffing their pockets during the summer months then leave you guys on your own in the winter. Get together and go to a meeting or two and raise some hell. At least post the names and positions of those folks who are responsible for Road management.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Sounds lovely walt, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I am heading for the Crest tonight will let you know how I make out....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Just got back from a trip into NWW, main streets(NY, NJ Aves) are plowed and passable...many wires along NWW Blvd are down...when I arrived at my house on W.16th.,there were three large electric Co. trucks in front of the house..guys said power would be on by end of the day today...house was in good shape..no frozen pipes!!! sun had warmed house to 50 degrees....street is plowed but only one lane down the middle...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The roads in NWW, WW, and the crest were all passable on sunday. Not so in WestWW... I heard today that the county had to be called into WestWW to clear the roads since WestWWs equipment is not in running condition. I'm told there will be a piece about this tonight on channel 10 and news center 40.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
What is going on with this town? I was there friday afternoon til yesterday noon time when I got the hell out! Thank God for four wheel drive because WWW hasn't dont a damn thing about the roads yet and it's 10:00 AM Monday morning and it stopped snowing Saturday night. Reports from friends still in WWW is; the roads are still not plowed with the exception of Glenwood ave. Glenwood is a county road, that's why it's plowed. No other roads are being done by WWW. I certainly can understand the power outage due to the numerous downed wires and broken telephone poles, I saw it first hand, BUT! The electric company told me they will not even attempt to restore power in WWW until the roads are cleared. So if you live in WWW good luck with frozen pipes. I am being told that almost all the WWW public works department trucks are in disrepair and are unable to clear the snow. Funny thing is I managed to get my truck out to Rio Grand earlyunday morning to get Kerosene. As soon as I crossed the bridge into Wildwood the roads were plowed, Packed down snow but clear and drivable, Same thing for North Wildwood. I'm certain those towns were out all night clearing roads. Not WWW. WTF???
Join us and be sure to VOTE THE MAYOR OUT in the special election later this month.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
The roads in NWW, WW, and the crest were all passable on sunday. Not so in WestWW... I heard today that the county had to be called into WestWW to clear the roads since WestWWs equipment is not in running condition. I'm told there will be a piece about this tonight on channel 10 and news center 40.

Didn't the Mayor inherited decent trucks and equipment:huh: I saw a lot of pretty decent looking equipment in our back yard most of the spring while they were trying to put that outlet drain on:eek: That 4 wh drive dump truck sure looked new:please:The worker even told me they were going to use it for snow removal. What happened:huh:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
There is still some areas in OC as of last night without power. I work for the PW in OC and can say 99% of our roads were cleared and passable in 2 days. Our trucks are in bad shape but they hung in there. We are all wore out from alot of hrs due to lack of man power. Call it BUDGET CUTS.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Tom,

I was out that way yesterday. It is worse here for sure! I'm 6'2" The snow on my front lawn is almost to my hips!

Down on Your knees again??:razz::razz:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.