BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HIl,

I might be leaving my 14 footer at Whale Creek while I'm on vacation this week. Might even be able to keep it in the water.

Tell me about the area. I'm familar with Corson's from the state park ramp, but not from whale creek. How far is it to the inlet from there? What kind of fishing is good in the creek?
Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

Al

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Al- you'll get a bunch of responses from guys who live in that area.

It is close to the inlet. Whale creek feeds into the mouth of Flat Creek which was always one of my favorite fishing areas. Try the deep sod banks at dawn and from dusk on with poppers for resident stripers and maybe even a stray weakfish.

The big problem in Flat Creek is the boat traffic and the wave runners. Good luck and hope you catch a bunch.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Definitely hit the sod banks with poppers for small stripers. The bay directly behind Strathmere has been holding flounder as well as the channel along the causeway opposite the inlet. Alot of boat traffic right now though. Kingfish are also around. Very few weakfish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.