BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in The Fisherman magazine that Whale Creek Marina was broken into and robbed last thursday night. Karen always provides great reports and seems to really care about her business and fishermen/women in general. I will be stopping in to her store for some supplies as well as to let her know that I care. I just hope they can catch the [email protected]$*%'s that robbed her and could recover some of her stuff. I thought everyone should know.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That really stinks. I was there a few times this summer while I was on vacation. They have a great bait and tackle shop. I hope they nab the s.o.b. that did it.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I was in on sunday and it is really a shame . She has worked so hard and really turned that place around . She was pretty upset , which is understandable . She has a great outgoing way and she will be fine .

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was just going to the tackle box to make this post,if I wasn't screwed up with this neck surgery I'd be spending my time in strathmere.Karen or no one else for that matter deserves this latest rash of robberies.When the doc clears me to go out,I better not catch anyone messing with someone elses property.They'll need more than a neck brace when I get done with them. :mad:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Just my opinion,

I have never been to Wale creek , and I am not a boat owner , but I have had boats in the past ,all I can say is these low life SOB's when caught should be used as shark bait .... water temps are right for mako... but they don't eat S**t... years ago the most honest person was a fisherman/ boat owner look after one another but now its taking a turn for the worst ...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I heard the new last week, it's just wrong. Karen carries everything I need at great prices and always make me feel welcomed. She has done a lot of work to get that place what it is today and someone had to screw her over.
I hope they find out who did and at least to give her piece of mind. Keep up the good work Karen, I'll be down to visit often now that striper season is coming up.

[ 09-30-2004, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Far26 ]

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm real sorry to hear of this, I was by over the weekend and heard of it. Karen does a great job running her business and is a major asset to our fishing community...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I fish that area alot, Karen has done a great job in restoring the marina along with the bait and tackle shop. It was a mess before she took over. Hope they catch the person(s) responsible.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
its likely not a boat owner nor a fisherman Andy, its some scum suckin low life schitbag looking for a quick buck in the highly profitable marine black market

do you REALLY think all these cheap deals come from liquidating estates? how many dead uncles can you have?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I was going to post yesterday but am glad you guys got it out - it is just another sad story in the on going thefts happening at the shore.

They got all her reels including 4 Avets in electric blue, gold and silver. Since these are some what different reels if anyone comes across someone selling them in a suspicious manner it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact Karen or post it here - ya never know but maybe we can catch the bastages.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i second mullaney. it seems that we are hearing about more and more robberies. i'm not sure what kind of low-life could do that to somebody or their business. i guess the only thing we can do is watch out for each other! i give my best to karen and her business.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Problem is there are fisherman (???) out there who will jump on opportunity to buy a good reels or rods real cheap and than brag about it.
That provides the fuel for those low life bastards to continue the break-ins of marinas and tackle shops

1 - 14 of 14 Posts