BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your shoe size & your favorite color? Seems like everyone who posts in the offshore forum at the end of the post is stating a name for a team (I didn’t know one was required…a team name that is…), The specifications including the year, manufacturer, size, (and sometimes a picture) of not only a boat but the power plants too! For hire, not for hire, sometimes for hire (but not really…) and often followed by what brand of pants/shorts they like to wear wile fishing (allegedly…)

We just fish.
We ask for help with something when help is needed and offer the same.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
]JB, I went to a tackle show a couple of weeks ago. Most of the guys who had booths were wearing the typical "Florida Style" shirts that had 'breathable' sleeves, circulation, Pants that zippered at the knees that turned into shorts, hats that had a factory name on them, guys that would like the world to think that "look at me I am a fishermen". I have a younger brother, when we were about 15 years old we had probably caught more fish than the average person would in a lifetime. WE thought nothing of it, it's what we did. We were like farmers, picking the crop.
You should have seen our "Tarpon Gear". Whatever pants had a hole in them were our 'slickers'. We had a few older brothers, now , they were the fishermen! They wore similar gear, perhaps you would call it "farm gear". I guess you might say different styles for different people.
Line up any ten REAL Captains or deckhands, and see how many wear that "look like fisherman garb" my guess, probably none. And remember, Dead fish dont swim!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts