BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took my 4 year old son and some friends out for the first fluke trip and it was great.right off the bat we had one fish,it was a short but not bad. the next drift was just alwsome ,everyone hooked up at once "a quod header" :D and all fish were keepers.from then on we had a steady pick of some shorts and some keepers.most of the fish were caught on gulp crabs,but some were on bucks and mack. but the high light of my day was that my son got his first fluke and did it all by himselve :D i could not be more proud.the look on his face when i told him that it was a keeper and i was proud of him was just unexplanable!!all day today i have been hearing "dad can we go fishing again"?man i'm on cloud nine,matt

·
Registered
897 Posts
Congradulations ,I know the feeling and it doesn't get any better than that.

·
Administrator
5,198 Posts
Nice job & I can only hope many more to come.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Nice report and nothing better than spending quality time on the water with your son.. I cant wait to get my two boys out in a few years.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way all the fish had shrimp and crab in them .just wish i could of cooked them up too :D ,matt

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Gongratulations!

Any pictures?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Great job Matt! Looking good on the flounder count already. Got to love having the son with you. Its something he doesnt realise yet or maybe he does that he is learning from one of the best to fish for those flatties. Maybe we can get out some time soon my friend I bring my 2 boys and you bring the fluke killer along(your son).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts