BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a guy from work out today around 7am. We did hit the OC channels and then BP for awhile. not a great day, but we had fun. Caught a blue and got into some perch. The real crap started when we got back to the ramp. we sat for awhile waiting to get the ramp. Finally, I get my boat about an inch away from the bow roller and SNAP! The @*$%
winch breaks. Ah, the joy of owning a boat. Fortunately, It didn't roll all the way back off, only about a foot and we were able to eventually get it close enough to get the safety chain on.
Some days I am very lucky. TODAY WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Luck is a matter of interpretation. I believe you were VERY lucky. Your story didn't read that the boat fell off the trailer and damaged your motor or hull which could have happened. No one was hurt by the winch cable. Someone could have lost an eye or worse. To top it off you still had a day on the pond. I would give someone a Thank You.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Reminds me of a story I read last year from Virginia Beach, a guy just put his boat on his trailer and didn't hook up the safty chain. His boat rolled off the trailer on the bridge over Lynnhaven Inlet, cause quite a backup of traffic.

Dave Isanski

·
Registered
174 Posts
RIGZ, sorry to hear about the boat mishap. I caught a few perch this weekend as well. I was wondering if there was any size to the perch you found...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if that was you we were fishing next to by the bridge. some of the perch were pretty decent sized, bigger than most of the ones I caught last year. no mammoths or anything like that, but at least the filet was begger than a potato chip. ;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and yeah, now that I think about it I was pretty lucky. especially so that I wasn't by myself. I work with another guy who's son works for this certian marina off shore a couple of miles and I have heard about boats rolling off the trailers, brand new boats that these guys were prepping to transport and I even witnessed an accident on fire rd. not too long ago with the same kid. he rear-ended another guy from the same place ( they were both towing brand new boats. eek!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.