BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me.. I want to do more night fishing around my local wrecks and some of our inshore spots. I'm beyond curious to see what will happen if I sink a couple hydroglow lights tied off on my anchor lines sunk about ten feet down but in a fixed posistion over a shallow piece at night time..bass, blues, sharks, fluke and who knows what else will be lurking when the tog are asleep. Either that or the lights will spook everything out..guess we'll see :huh: What's your gameplan for this spring-fall season?

·
Registered
21,839 Posts
I'm gonna start early!!! :)

I'm thinking March Bass will be a fine addition to my Pops spring fish supply.

And since I wont be able to work till April, I have some time off if my ankle can take the boat ride.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
To beat the snot out of BIGGESTJACK in our little flounder tournament this year. Last year I wanted to beat the crap out of him but it took three weeks and both my arms fell off. :D

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
South Jersey Cobia

Last season was the first time I didn't see any Cobia..but the water after the hurricane was awful for a long time. Heard of four landed. Leave your engine running if you're in a cobia friendly spot...they will come right up to your trans to check out the noise..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Last season was the first time I didn't see any Cobia..but the water after the hurricane was awful for a long time. Heard of four landed. Leave your engine running if you're in a cobia friendly spot...they will come right up to your trans to check out the noise..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah the green water was tough and seemed like it hung around forever.....had one legitimate bid at a cruising fish and didnt get a take, watched a show the other day where they were cranking up sea bass slowly to bring the cobia up to the surface and then pitching live baits and jigs to them....until a 60 lb cobia ate a 12" sea bass:D

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
This is my "must do" list:

- Get my hull/gelcoat repaired.
- Get radar installed and learn how to use it right - purchased already, not installed yet.
- Get the boat launched late March, and invest some serious time in the Mullica.
- Pound the hell out of the tog and hopefully some early season cod before Tog closes.
- Night - Night - Night - Need to start fishing at night more.
- Spend more time in the bay fluking with Gulp.
- Spend more time on the reefs seriously fluking instead of casually fluking.
- Spend more time jigging/trolling stripers instead of clamming for them in the inlet.
- Get in 100 days of fishing. Stalled out at 94 days in 2011.
- Meet some more Barners and take them fishing.
- Start filming some of this stuff, because as nice a pics are, videos are better!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Try to fish more (what else could top that quote)
Owning a retail store and working 7 days a week, I only get out early or after work, Many days after work there are some nice evenings in the past I have missed , My wife loves to fish , and we had some very nice evenings fishing together last year after working all day,,GOING TO TRY to get out on more of those type of trips..

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To beat the snot out of BIGGESTJACK in our little flounder tournament this year. Last year I wanted to beat the crap out of him but it took three weeks and both my arms fell off. :D

please film that Fred...:thumbsup: Just make sure he doesn't eat his pants when he puts the pizza on his lap this time. I don't want to have to go to Inn of The Dove to buy the DVD of your next show...:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Flounder 8lbs + on a Bucktail
Tog 7lbs +
Bass 30lbs plus on a bucktail in the rips
Drum any size is fine
Cobia
Mako 150+ We broke the ice last year with a 90lber
Bluefin Any keeper size is fine just want more sushi from my on boat.:D I made tuna avacado rolls last year and they went fast.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Mine is simple .......just get a boat in the water so I can actually fish!!!!! On my own boat that is....then lots of night fishing!!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
To get out as much as possible and I made a side bet with my son that I would catch fish in every month of the year. I got January and February out of the way all ready thanks to this mild winter. Only 10 more months to go!:D

·
Registered
12,896 Posts
Fish more Days-may or may not happen due to kids schedules

Goals
10lb fluke-on the wall it goes
15lb tog-on the wall it goes

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
For me.. I want to do more night fishing around my local wrecks and some of our inshore spots. I'm beyond curious to see what will happen if I sink a couple hydroglow lights tied off on my anchor lines sunk about ten feet down but in a fixed posistion over a shallow piece at night time..bass, blues, sharks, fluke and who knows what else will be lurking when the tog are asleep. Either that or the lights will spook everything out..guess we'll see :huh: What's your gameplan for this spring-fall season?
Can I tag along? :D

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
NO goals for fish as I will catch my normal 1000-1400 barring a more hurricanes like IRENE
BUT my only goal will be to provide as much information and tips to help others catch more fish this year than they did last year
98% of my fish will go back with a yellow tag so if you catch one with a tag please send information in...thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.