BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the opening of the back bays right around the corner and flea markets in full swing, let's hear what everyone will be loading up there plug bags with for March. At the moment I only have 2 items in mine:

black Bomber 15A (small bomber)
Tiny finS in varous colors with 1/4oz Kalins

However, the work bench is loaded with options :D

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Definitely small plastic, 1/2 -3/4 bucktails, small Yosuris, small bombers , and 1oz smack its , everything worked slow, with a lot of pauses.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Question, would it make sense to add sand eel teasers to any small plug with the Sand eel action we have been the last couple of years?

GSBB

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Question, would it make sense to add sand eel teasers to any small plug with the Sand eel action we have been the last couple of years?

GSBB
I don't use a teaser on plugs or plastic in the spring because of the long pauses and slow retrieves I will add scent though. I also tie everything direct no terminal tackle , The bass are hungry but lethargic in the early spring, because of a decreased metabolism and will get a good chance to eye ball everything you toss out there. that's why blood, sandworms, and clams are so effective mouthing the bait before actually swallowing it. When they begin feeding on bunker and Herring I definitely will add the teaser. J.M.O.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have stated small bucktails, which in my mind are just jigheads with hair. :D I like to tip them with small sluggos, Skippy Fish and 4" finS. Totally forgot to list the SmackIt. Think I'll be trying the Zman scented shad this year when the larger bait shows.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
small pink plastics. small white shads. blurple teasers. i throw sandeel stuff all year because those teasers go from a spearing to a sandeel back to a spearing as the calendar pages turn.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blurple teasers. i throw sandeel stuff all year because those teasers go from a spearing to a sandeel back to a spearing as the calendar pages turn.
And sometimes your black teasers are really good at catching a bridge :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts