BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to book a charter for a 36 hour shark trip to the deep... well thats if there is a season this yr.. even if there isn't still would want to do it as there are no real reasons to kill a big female.. looking to leave early am fish the day and threw the night.. if the yf show up thats not a bad bonus too...

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Paul.

Swab has been wanting to do a trip like that! Call him he has a Bert!:thumbsup: you'll just have to leave a day early and get back a day later bc it's a 18knt boat. But whats the rush?:)

On second thought.............Nevermind!:wave:lol haha:D:D:D

Don't mind me spring is in the air!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol capt you take your boat.. my cousin will take his.. lets work one area.. just want another boat in the area :) 100 off in 2 CC's :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Paul.

lol capt you take your boat.. my cousin will take his.. lets work one area.. just want another boat in the area :) 100 off in 2 CC's :)
I'm game! lets do it. Let me know when you guys are ready,i'm always ready.I know a spot in about 1,000fa of the poormans.:) Just remember bring your block and tackle or a towline!:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Stew on the Pez Machine!
Skip, I just got in from Redfishing on the flats and logged on to the Barn from my buddy's house. I saw this thread and had to contact Philly. Trips like this are what dreams are made of and can be downright incredible. We love our 36 hour trips and do lots of them for that reason. Thanks so much for the recommendation too, we appreciate it.

On another note, Stew and I were really looking forward to having you up at our end this past season...it's a bummer it didn't work out. It would have been fun to have you boys around for sure. I just recently saw some pictures of your new ride (I think somewhere in the Striper forum???) and it looks really nice, beautiful boat that rides out! What more can you ask for? Best of luck this season to you and your crew. I'm sure you'll punish em...

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Skip, I just got in from Redfishing on the flats and logged on to the Barn from my buddy's house. I saw this thread and had to contact Philly. Trips like this are what dreams are made of and can be downright incredible. We love our 36 hour trips and do lots of them for that reason. Thanks so much for the recommendation too, we appreciate it.

On another note, Stew and I were really looking forward to having you up at our end this past season...it's a bummer it didn't work out. It would have been fun to have you boys around for sure. I just recently saw some pictures of your new ride (I think somewhere in the Striper forum???) and it looks really nice, beautiful boat that rides out! What more can you ask for? Best of luck this season to you and your crew. I'm sure you'll punish em...
Brian,

Your welcome! And I'm sorry it didn't work out either...but that's ok...the weather was crap anyway! If the fishing is decent that way again this year, you never know...we may be up that way somewhere.

As far as the boat goes....I LOVE IT!:thumbsup: You guy's will have to come down and take a ride sometime. Best of luck to the both of you as well!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Swab has been wanting to do a trip like that! Call him he has a Bert!:thumbsup: you'll just have to leave a day early and get back a day later bc it's a 18knt boat. But whats the rush?:)

On second thought.............Nevermind!:wave:lol haha

Don't mind me spring is in the air!:thumbsup:

Atleast they will make it home alive and their back not broken in 3 spots:thumbsup: LOL..... We dont really like to run just shark trips. We shark at night during the bluefin season and thats about it :)

There is no rush over here, people wanna enjoy their time off from work and home

Time for you to get some fishing done deeepppy :razz:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Swaby.

Your not right about much but there's one thing you are right about!
Deepy has already and is going to continue to put some fish to sleep this year!!!:wave::D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Plan on going during the middle of the summer. That way the weather should be stabilized into Bermuda highs. I would not plan a 36 hour shark in June. Bigger the boat the better for comfort.

I rather stick hot needles in my eyes than drift 30 hours in a 5' or 6' chop.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plan on going during the middle of the summer. That way the weather should be stabilized into Bermuda highs. I would not plan a 36 hour shark in June. Bigger the boat the better for comfort.

I rather stick hot needles in my eyes than drift 30 hours in a 5' or 6' chop.
we don't plan on drifting for 30 hours.. we plan on fighting a monster shark for a bout 5 of those hours :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
we don't plan on drifting for 30 hours.. we plan on fighting a monster shark for a bout 5 of those hours :)
Hey way to go with wishful thinking:) I wish you the best on your trip. I hope you don't have to wait 28 hours to get bit. That's shark fishing... you never know when. It's just like cat fishing or chunking for rockfish.

I have done too many sharkin trips not to expect waiting all day or night for a bite. Most of the times it happens when you have reeled in all the baits but one and are rinsing out the chum bucket. I used to be so bored I be skeet shooting the gulls.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What?

Remember,You have to work your lines!!!! Check your baits often!!!! Have a pitch bait waiting for the one that follow's your empty skirt to the boat!!!! You should never be bored while shark fishing there is always something to do.:D man,Leave them seagulls alone!!!! YO,you have that chum slick established????:confused::D:wave:

·
Registered
16,436 Posts
Reelistic used to do those trips.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
I'm game! lets do it. Let me know when you guys are ready,i'm always ready.I know a spot in about 1,000fa of the poormans.:) Just remember bring your block and tackle or a towline!:D
Oh yeah that spot in the poormans always holds huge mako's no matter what the water temp or abundance of bait in the area! I love that spot along with that certain edge up in the Hendrickson that spot always holds the big girls you can go there anytime its just insane!

Phillyfishing just do yourself a favor and book Stew on the Pez. Hes been out there the time of year the big ones are out there matter of fact he released a reall good one that was well over 800lbs a year or two ago out in the deep!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts