BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for kingfish last night and found lots of spots. We live rigged one but I threw the rest back.

Can you freeze them and save them for the fall or is it better to just throw them ba

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
they are good live bait...rig one and see what happens...keep it alive. If you catch something bigger, catch another and rig it up!

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Ditto mddletown - excellent striper bait for the fall, we had a charter end of last oct, the bass ate every friggin one of them, hich we had a few dozen more!

hey mddletown, will you be at the palestra on new years eve?

·
Registered
141 Posts
y wait until fall for the bass??? there are plenty in the back right now being caught with spot.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can fillet the spot then cut the fillet into smaller chunks and catch pretty much anything out there. Trout and blues in particular, but kings and other spot will also hit, as well as a few fluke.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mddletown,

When you say you used them in the fall for stripers were they frozen?

If they work frozen and dead I will break out the old vacume bagger sealer and save some for the fall. Otherwise I don't want to upset the delicate balance of the sea by taking them. ;)

[ 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: skunked ]

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
mddltown, I love the big 5, I went to Temple, have TU season tix. Another brutal non-conference shcedule for the owls, which includes nova on new years eve at the palestra....

Nova fan also, they should be awesome this year!

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by Fin-Advisor:
nice fluke bait
what fin said,last thru i was out with fred while he was shooting for a tv show with live spot.these were not large ones.after some blues a 14 1/2" flounder toke one and was release then a 4 1/4lber took one thenone about 17 that laid there then got off.if there is flounder around in the back or out front they will destroy them.if they are too big eat them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A "live spot" on a TV show. HA!

I just got a NC Outer Banks report and they are catching spots and croakers, none larger than 8 in, same as here.
I just thought that was interesting that they are having the same action down there.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Mddltown, yep, owls won, but nova had not really played yet, it was early and nova's second game, hadn't hit their stride yet.

owls might be a little better this year, but nova should be the class of the big 5, and maybe every where else too, they deserve to be raked that high. They easily gave the tar heels their toughest gamne in the tourney last year, 1 friggin pt.

tight lines

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Just may be the best bait ever for large weakies and flounder. Hooked behind the dorsal and they stay alive forever.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Esox1:
Should I target large weakfish or play the PA powerball ? I think my chances are better with the powerball.
Good One
:D

[ 08-26-2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts