BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I always use the moss green, maybe its because I don't like the brighter colors and favor the green color in the water.:huh:
I have been using PP for a long time and never felt that the color of the line was the reason I was catching or not.
With that said I still will only use green PP;)

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Power Pro Phantom Red. If you look hard lots of
places have this discontinued red for @ $17.99 for 300 yards. They said the cold faded to much. I never had a problem with it. Bass and Drum didn't seem to mind the Red this past year.

GSBB

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always have luck with red. The only reason I used it is because supposedly red line doesn't show under water. I bought green today because I went to 3 different places for red and they were sold out. I guess I'm just being supersitcious.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use all the colors:) What I do is use a different color for each line test. That way if I'm changing reels,spools or rods I know what test I have with just a quick glance.

20lb white
30lb yellow...my favorite color Hi vis
40lb red

I don't like green for a couple reasons. 1 it's hard to see and 2 most people use green so when you get tangled with the knucklehead next to you having different color lines makes untangling much easier.
Ever try and untangle two lines of green power pro ?:eek:
Not fun !

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I don't think it matters much if your using a leader. But I use moss green for the times I tie direct.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I went to the red i catch a lot of gulls in the green I guess thay just dont see it Had none in the red this past yr
This is the reason I prefer bright colored line on my surf gear, especially if you spike your rod. I once tried the Hi-Seas camo line (mono) and snagged more gulls than you could shake a stick at. Changed to a hi-vis line and problem solved, besides it didn't effect my catch ratio.
Now that I use braid, I use either green or red on baitcaster and other conventional reels, and hi-vis yellow on spinners and any surf gear that many find it's way into a sand spike.
As for brand, I prefer Sufix on spinning reels, it just doesn't seem to throw wind knots as much as Power Pro, however I do use the PP on conventional reels.....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Red and green. Christmas colors. Lol.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I have the green power pro, very hard for me to see, might switch to yellow, might to easier to see and tie. I have a question for all the braid users, when braid starts to fade is it only losing it color or is it losing it strength also?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.