BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This is my daytime bag, I have another that has All my Bigger Black, Blurple, Swimmers, Dannys, Bottles, and poppers and black bucktails . I didn't empty the zippered section of this Bag. It has a snag hook pre-tied Leaders, and My Finnesse's, sluggos, BKds and Twister tails in daytime colors in it. If I get a chance I'll post a pic of that one too! What I trying to show is the sizes of what I carry to match the hatch. The Black needle, black Bomber, Blurple 5" in Bomber are staples every bag I carry.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Tony the Pic didn't load the first time , but its there now.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work
I see.....said the blind carpenter to his deaf wife.....as he picked up his hammer & saw.....:D

That's quite a load of goodies Joe, I normally work the back bays in the spring, but all this talk of hitting the suds has me thinking about a trip or two out front this year. I prefer to travel lighter, my bag holds Hook-outs, tape measure, flashlight, spare leaders, and an assortment of swimmers, soft plastics on lead, storm shads, and a surface popper. I'll have other things in the jeep should conditions (or my attitude) change, I'll change up what's in the bag......

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see.....said the blind carpenter to his deaf wife.....as he picked up his hammer & saw.....:D

That's quite a load of goodies Joe, I normally work the back bays in the spring, but all this talk of hitting the suds has me thinking about a trip or two out front this year. I prefer to travel lighter, my bag holds Hook-outs, tape measure, flashlight, spare leaders, and an assortment of swimmers, soft plastics on lead, storm shads, and a surface popper. I'll have other things in the jeep should conditions (or my attitude) change, I'll change up what's in the bag......

This Bag is pretty light slung so it hangs behind me, I measure my Fish on the butt section of my plugging rod marked with a Sharpie..No need for a light during the day. Stripers come hungry in the spring so I carry a good assortment of smaller stuff so if they Just wanna " Snack" I'm prepaired Their Matabolism in the spring might have them pass on a "BIG" Plug and opt for something smaller and easier to chase down. Once the Big Bunker show up and the water gets into the Low 50's this changes, I Definitely go BIGGER..

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
The spring for me in SJ is usually small 1/4 ounce jigs with pink zooms or red/white mirrolures. No bigger plugs for me, they are for the fall.

bait wise its, bait -n- 8.... clams, the fresher the better!!!!:D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nice selection there for the Spring.
If I'm plugging its: small swimmers white or black
Pencils :yellow or white
Bucktail with rubber behind or shad or sluggo
If i'm baiting its: 3-7 oz
clams or bunker
extra hooks,and leaders

always pliers,knive,and lite at night. Good Luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clams by the bushel... Stacked hinge up and iced down.
Clams, Clams. Bunker, if present.
Fresh tied Hi-Low rigs for the clams. Fishfinders for bunker.
I don't bother too much with lures on the beach in the spring.
Fresh bait.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,411 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys ever see the commercial with Larry Dahlberg...on verses where he explains the " Four phases of Fishing"

1st. You just want to catch a fish.

2nd. You want to catch a limit.

3rd. You want to catch a "BIG" one

4th. You wanna catch them the way you want to catch them.

For me its on the Plug. I used to baitfish alot. But, My passion is fishing. The reward of catch a Big fish on an artificial gives me the adrenaline rush I seek from fishing. Baiting is okay when I fish with my friends. We Bull sh#t and talk fishing and life. But, when I'm fishing alone I am totally absorbed in fishing, presenting the plug in a natural way to attract the strike, Aware of current and depth, feeling the plug as it courses thru the water.
thinking about how a Bass is relating to the structure I'm fishing. What artificial would offer the best chance at getting the bite and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where are the pencils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In My Night bag, I'm gonna post a pic of that too as soon as my wife gets back from N.Y. and does it for me!...lol....

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work... How ya been Chris?.....Been out ?...seeing any Bass up in SSP.& I.B.S.P.. yet..?

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL I'll get some pics up 2morro and I show you what you need to bring to the beach lol. NO bass at SSp or IBSP yet but some other places yes ( the one place we when to last year)

Chris, not the popular spot but the one we went to after the sandwiches I'll be there tomorrow looking west.... for sure...fishing the sand bars and troughs on the backside.

live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Chris, not the popular spot but the one we went to after the sandwiches I'll be there tomorrow looking west.... for sure...fishing the sand bars and troughs on the backside.

live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Yes that one and the one we went to first bucktails with uncle josh 70S red/white:thumbsup:
O and I'll be there to

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys ever see the commercial with Larry Dahlberg...on verses where he explains the " Four phases of Fishing"

1st. You just want to catch a fish.

2nd. You want to catch a limit.

3rd. You want to catch a "BIG" one

4th. You wanna catch them the way you want to catch them.

For me its on the Plug. I used to baitfish alot. But, My passion is fishing. The reward of catch a Big fish on an artificial gives me the adrenaline rush I seek from fishing. Baiting is okay when I fish with my friends. We Bull sh#t and talk fishing and life. But, when I'm fishing alone I am totally absorbed in fishing, presenting the plug in a natural way to attract the strike, Aware of current and depth, feeling the plug as it courses thru the water.
thinking about how a Bass is relating to the structure I'm fishing. What artificial would offer the best chance at getting the bite and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Hey Joe,
Great post, you have a way with words.
Check out The "Surfcasters Journal," Blog#1764, March 13th.
Zeno is looking for Surfcasting writers.
Give it a go... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.