BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you've read the news on this huge Carnival cruise ship out of Italy w/ over 4,000 passengers that plowed into a reef after approaching an island from the wrong side......but how is this possible? With electronics on that ship we'd probably all love to have it seems unlikely. Any speculation out there?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Don't know if you've read the news on this huge Carnival cruise ship out of Italy w/ over 4,000 passengers that plowed into a reef after approaching an island from the wrong side......but how is this possible? With electronics on that ship we'd probably all love to have it seems unlikely. Any speculation out there?
it just doesent seem posable with land right there if there was a hidden bar maybe but you would think the radar alarm would have went off:confused: sombody is going to jail thats for sure :nuts:

·
Banned users
6,339 Posts
I read on one of the news sites they think the ship might of lost power

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think that there would be a pilot on the bridge from the host country like they do here in the US. I'm quite sure that boat draws 30+ feet of water, curious as to why they were that close to the shoreline!! Anyways, I do not even have a Captains certification and maybe my questions are irrevelant, but still curious...prayers go out to all families involved!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.