BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys for larger fish like tuna and sharks what harness and belts do you guys use? i used to just use a belt but want to move on to the harness too... figured i would ask you guys in here since this is the offshore spot :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Smitty's

I started using Smitty's last season, Long Ranger belt with the Spyder harness. Very pleased, extremely comfortable once it was adjusted properly. Recommend it highly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello all, new member to the Barn

I highly recommend the Braid combo of the Power Play belt and the Power Play harness. I've been using it for over 3 yrs now. takes a little getting used to at first, but it will handle big game of any size,with ease.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Aftco harness systems, either the sorocco or the clarion work very well. Easy on and off, and you can dominate a fish with them

·
Registered
377 Posts
Harness

Standard braid lower back harness, I think it is called "'the marlin belt" works great. It clips to your reel and holds rod in place to take pressure off shoulders and arms. It has loops to attach belt harness if you want to do that. The brute harness is overkill unless you are catching huge bluefin or sharks. Even then I don't know if you really need all those straps and chest support. I also have a sampo bucket harness in my pompanette chair which works well if you want to fight the fish sitting down. Most of time I just use the braid marlin belt.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I got the Aftco setup two years ago at Tackle Direct... EZ in and out, big plate, great padded back/butt harness.... total killer.

Only drawback is that the pieces are not interchangeable with any other belts as they use eyelet snaps rather than standard dropdown brass clips/loops to tie it all together... if you look at one, you will see what I mean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts