BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, well i figured out my storage dilemma, now just wodering what is best for storing position for the small 25 hp motor when not in use-should motor be in up postion parrallel with ground or be placed in "running postion"- i have heard that it should be in the up postion when trailering-just new to boating and you guys have been very helpful-thanks any help appreciated

·
Registered
353 Posts
okay, well i figured out my storage dilemma, now just wodering what is best for storing position for the small 25 hp motor when not in use-should motor be in up postion parrallel with ground or be placed in "running postion"- i have heard that it should be in the up postion when trailering-just new to boating and you guys have been very helpful-thanks any help appreciated
Motor should be up when trailer, and when not in use down, so the water will drain out of the waterpassages, this is important during freezing temps. Most all outboards will drain when put all the way down.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I try to leave my outboards most of the way down while trailering long distances just so they don't bounce. I have plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It depends on the boat, some boats the motor and the trailer sit so high off the ground that you do not need to put it up. Some sit high enough that you can load and unload with it down, I would put it up to load it though. I would say if it is over a foot off the ground on the trailer you are safe to tow it with the motor down. Always always motor down when sitting so it can drain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.