BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31,677 Posts
chrysler/force......................
with the grin,dont know how serious your question is.
obviously you will get many answers joe.
they claim my ox66 is bullet proof

·
Registered
593 Posts
Really they are all good these days. Each brand has its own strong suits. Phish4fun is right you will get all kinds of answers. I personally like the Yamaha I think that most people will say Yamaha too.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
Yeah, let's get a good fight started...

My best have been V4 Johnson's and Evinrudes. I've run a whole bunch of both way over 3000hrs. Even after I rebuilt them and that's was when I had a real back and could stand the pounding to keep the hammers down. Nothing sounds better than a pair of V4 OMC's leaving the water. Nothing barks like a pair OMC V4's when they jump out of the water.. These new 4 strokes sound like sewing machines...

·
Registered
82,487 Posts
Looking for good quality, long lasting :D

Trouble maker:D

I love my eTec but as said above they have all been enhanced :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
This is not a question for fishermen in general. I asked a mechanic, who is factory trained, with over 30 years of experience, on Yamaha, Evinrude and Honda that question. He indicated that a lot depends on the year and model of the outboard and not necessarily the make. Certain years, certain models, of the various makes were excellent to outstanding.:thumbsup: Some were "lemonie".:thumbsdown: Overall, his favorite is Yamaha.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I Love my evinrude E-Techs

Bought a 115 E-Tech 3 yrs ago for my 18 footer & loved it so much that I went back to Barnicle Bill's and bought a 250 E-Tech for my 23' Pro Line. Both just went in this fall for their 3 yr. check-up. Great condition.

Start-up without choking (no choke)
Run so quiet you can't hear it if another motor is running nearby
Still it is a 2 stroke, no changing oil, etc.
Great fuel milage
Fast
Stop & pick-up a dvd about them. - it's free :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.