BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for a not so new guy on your boat but not a regular (who would know better) who clips the swivel on the reel harness lug for the trip home so it can vibrate and make a scratch on the top of your Tiagra reel.?

a.) toss him overboard
b.) make him pay for it
c.) Just yell at him like a dog
d.) Just don't invite him back

Obviously if you had a training class when he stepped in the cockpit and he still did this then I guess you have to put him down! WHo is training the new generation of fisherman? Make it a point if you take someone FRESH on your boat teach them something, Don't just let them go off and embarras you.

Half the new guys don't know how to properly wash a boat
Can't shamy
Will scratch your teak
Go in the head to take a piss ( this is real stupid, boat rocking)
Didn't know had to dry tower.
Take a soft brush to EZ2CY (more common sense illusuion)
Or drag something across freshly oiled teak covering boards (what)
Want to bring their own cooler (why)
Want to bring a rod that doen't match (mortal sin)
What about the guy who wears the sneakers with black bottoms

Is there any common sense left.

BTW: if you have the silver AVETs they wont scratch trough the color that is anidized on. Plus the little one have no lugs for harness. Dosn't mean they shouldnt know better

·
Registered
827 Posts
for a not so new guy on your boat but not a regular (who would know better) who clips the swivel on the reel harness lug for the trip home so it can vibrate and make a scratch on the top of your Tiagra reel.?

a.) toss him overboard
b.) make him pay for it
c.) Just yell at him like a dog
d.) Just don't invite him back

Obviously if you had a training class when he stepped in the cockpit and he still did this then I guess you have to put him down! WHo is training the new generation of fisherman? Make it a point if you take someone FRESH on your boat teach them something, Don't just let them go off and embarras you.

Half the new guys don't know how to properly wash a boat
Can't shamy
Will scratch your teak
Go in the head to take a piss ( this is real stupid, boat rocking)
Didn't know had to dry tower.
Take a soft brush to EZ2CY (more common sense illusuion)
Or drag something across freshly oiled teak covering boards (what)
Want to bring their own cooler (why)
Want to bring a rod that doen't match (mortal sin)
What about the guy who wears the sneakers with black bottoms

Is there any common sense left.

BTW: if you have the silver AVETs they wont scratch trough the color that is anidized on. Plus the little one have no lugs for harness. Dosn't mean they shouldnt know better
Capt Val ---- I have all of the above except no teak ...

Coolers -- put back in the car !
Black soles -- your scrubbing the deck/ or wearing no shoes -- period
Put the rods back in the car!
Washing the boat / drying the tower--- have Son for that well trained
Peeing at sea is for girls only ---- over the side for the rest --- no homos allowed so no worries here boys.

Scratches reel by putting harness clip on it ---- Well some fault is yours --- you are the Captain --- But I would yell like he/she was a dog..

PS: boy i am i glad i have no teak................

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, I do sympothise with all of you on these points, But I will add this: I was VERY fortunate to become friends with a very nice guy who has been teaching me the ropes. I feel I have come a long way since our first trips. He has taught me a LOT. I do Feel what you are all saying, but remember this, we are not all the same. Some of us take a bit more talking too and explaining. Remember, we are doing our best, and most can be taught, just like you were at once. So next time this happens to you, Try to remember at one time it was you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
but remember this, we are not all the same. Some of us take a bit more talking too and explaining. Remember, we are doing our best, and most can be taught, just like you were at once. So next time this happens to you, Try to remember at one time it was you.
Disrespect is one thing,
Just learning and a right spirit another...
Not much more to be said,
less you like fishing alone...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you don't want your tiagra to get scratched then don't take it fishing. a scratch doesn't do a damn to performance and it's not like the fish care what the reel looks like.

not allowed to piss in the head? then what the hell is it there for???

rods and reels that "don't match" aren't allowed?! are you effin psycho?? ask a fish if they care. you sound like a real woman - does my purse match by shoes?

keep feeling about these things the way you do and soon you'll be fishing alone. i sure as hell wouldn't want to be on your boat based on your post. :thumbsdown:
Yes u would. Taking pride in your gear says a lot about your spread, homework on fishing spots etc, etc. If soemthing is going to get abused it should be the DRAGS.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.