BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the title says it all
what was ur best fishing story from this year

Mine would probly be I chased bass in pennypack creek all year with nothing big but finally the day before i would go back to school i hooked one on a live chub and landed it at 16inches. It would just stare at the chub for hours and then one time it jsut decided to eat it

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Took my brother fishing some afternoon back in July. Got to the lake and started looking for some bait. I found some nice, bite size sunnies and we sent them out underneath some bobbers. Fishing was very slow the first 15-20 minutes so I grabbed my third stick and started working down the bank with my favorite senko. I looked back toward the bobbers and one was twitching around a bit, then it zigged then zagged and then went under. I turned to watch that one rod bend in half and not come up.

I shouted to my brother and he started fighting. He soon landed his biggest fish in both fresh and salt even beating my best lmb by maybe a pound or two. The smile on his face says it all...:thumbsup:

Also helped him get his first ever striper. We were fishing a sodbank at 1 am and about to give up when he got this little guy.

I think he got both fish on the same spinning setup. I got to catch fish with all 3 of my brothers last year. That's my best story from 2011

·
Registered
160 Posts
So far we're only about 3 weeks into this year, but I think I'm off to a good start. Best would be fishing with my buddy Rob, talking about this scandalous redhead I've been seeing and while not paying attention I had an overslot redfish eat a fly that I was dead sticking 15' in front of me. The first run was about 200'.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
My best fishing story was getting my Dad his first keeper Striped bass on a Charter out of Liberty St. Park in front of the U.N. Best time I ever had fishing with my Dad who had never brought a keeper Bass to the boat in all his fishing trips. He did catch some short fish, but nothing like the cow he. Caught on a live eel.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
This little girl I got in the Delaware River, thanks to my guide Dante..:D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Mine is that I guided someone to their first musky last year. Fished with the guy for a few more hours. His trip was done. My buddy got on the boat and I told him about the guy and getting him his first fish. He said that I did my musky karma good with that one and he and I proceeded to fish a bunch of spots....to no avail. He suggested that we go to the spot where the fish had come from earlier (the guy's first fish) and I said, "yeah, like lightning strikes twice, right?!" How wrong I was.

About halfway into the drift I was using the same lure that the client was earlier and wham. After a really frenetic tussle there she was. My first locally caught 50 incher. Awesome fish.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is that I guided someone to their first musky last year. Fished with the guy for a few more hours. His trip was done. My buddy got on the boat and I told him about the guy and getting him his first fish. He said that I did my musky karma good with that one and he and I proceeded to fish a bunch of spots....to no avail. He suggested that we go to the spot where the fish had come from earlier (the guy's first fish) and I said, "yeah, like lightning strikes twice, right?!" How wrong I was.

About halfway into the drift I was using the same lure that the client was earlier and wham. After a really frenetic tussle there she was. My first locally caught 50 incher. Awesome fish.
wheere were unfishing

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
ready jet go.ok i have to ask lmao. is that the rod you caught it on laying in the boat behind you .? is it tony tiger rod?lmao
LOL...no, this is a shore caught fish and that was laying on the bank when I got there..

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This past season think i fished freshwater more than ever. with 2 boys under 7 wife and i chose to stay local and hit small ponds/lakes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My best year of fishing as long as I can remember. I caught my biggest largemouth on a live minnow while fishing a lure on the other rod. I was just getting ready to leave the lake at about 4:15pm, December 5th, and I was starting to reel my line in with an attached bobber. All of a sudden the bobber went down, and after I lipped the bass, to my surprise it was the biggest bass I ever caught-- 22 inches (5lbs, 7oz.) I also caught my first carp on a lure and my first 2 striper keepers-- 32 and 34 inches.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
:D Nothing spectacular in 2011. I would say our Classic victory for my bass club. Nothing but struggles all year until the end when my partner and I were able to pull out two victories in the final events on Union Lake and the Salem Canal.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
SurfRat--Great Photos. That first one that your wife caught is a lunker. What's the weight? The other photo, I see Cheerios in the bag. Is that what they were biting on? Lol.
he was right at the 22" mark. quick measurement and release. it was pouring rain (see it on water) so we measured, photo, release than ran to truck. lol! im guessing it was between 5-6lb. i've caught longer fish but that fish was solid from nose to tail.
yea my little guy is always snackin', keeps him quiet. lol! he feeds the ducks, geese(they follow him around:D) and he feeds the sunnies...who then attract the bass...;).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Every year my father and I take a guided trip on the NB of the susquehanna river, this year we decided to bring my cousin. The river was muddy in May when we went but we caught over 80 smb the first day. The second day wasn't as good, but it's always my best fishing trip of the year!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It was the first week of september and me & the gf decided to do dinner/drinks/fishing at our friends house in medford. Hes got a huge place right on a private lake. So i was fishing roboworms on a dropshot and landed a little bass. Fishing got slow and it was getting dark out so we figured we would fish for cats under the dock.

I grabbed my heavy rod with 17lb test and a sinker and put a piece of a hotdog one. Couple minutes later and i thought i had a 6-10lb cat hit. I flipped it up on the dock and it was a 6lb bass :D

Biggest bass ive ever caught since my 5 lber i got on a livelined sunny years ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts