BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of oil do you put in the trim tab reservoir? The boat is a 1986 36' express sport fish.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phish4fun said:
isnt it hydrolic oil?
which one? there are different weights. the most common is iso 32. if you choose the wrong one it can ruin the seals. the attached is the pump pics. if anyone knows please help. thanks.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
well all i can tell you is find out what unit you have and search it online which should tell you the proper one.:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
It looks like a Bennett Tab system. This is from their web site.
What type of fluid do I use in the hydraulic power unit, and where do I add it?

Use any type of Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). Don't worry about the exact brand or type, it will all work, and can even be mixed. To add fluid, remove the lexan cover on the HPU, locate the "filler stack" in the left front corner of the reservoir. There is a round plug sealing the filler stack. Remove the plug and add fluid to the full line on the reservoir. Note: add fluid only with the trim tabs fully retracted (up). If your reservoir does not have a full line, add fluid so the fluid level is aprox. 1" below the top of the reservoir with the Trim Tabs fully retracted (up). Your Bennett Trim Tab system should not need refilling, for several seasons.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
King Marine,

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!! I took the pictures yesterday. There was no plate or label on the unit except for the embossed name on the unit. My picture cut off letter "B" of the name and I didn't know what it was. The picture shows ennett & V 351. The "B" is cut off. I tried search engines but nothing came up with what i had. Thanks again. Mystery solved!!

phish - thanks for trying!!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have found it difficult to add the ATF because of the very small fill tube. Problem was solved by using a plastic ketchup bottle. Fill the bottle and add slowly (or you get to clean up a big mess)!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Turkey basters work great for this also. Used many times at the marinas.
Capt.Matt

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Maritime Matt said:
Turkey basters work great for this also. Used many times at the marinas.
Capt.Matt
Be sure to purchase a new one before Thanksgiving.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts