BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a shimano BR3500 i have the 6500 on my 10 ft surf rod and i love it so i went for the 3500 for plugin ect. was thinking a 9ft so i can throw bait when im not pluggin any suggestions on brand/size and action of rod thanx

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I was looking at the Tsunami Airwave rods the other day.Real nice rods for not alot of money.They make a 9 footer 1-4 oz. for about 90 bucks.Should work well for you.You can get them at Dick's or on ebay.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Both Tica or Tsunami are under $150.00 i just purcashed the Tsnuami 9' 1-3oz and really like the rod. i have never used the Tica but a lot of guys on hear have and will add to this.​

·
Registered
815 Posts
Tsunami Airwave is a great rod. Another in that range is a St. Croix rod. I havethe St. Croix and my friend has the Airwave. So I have experience with both. Go to the store and look at the fit and finish of the rods and check the flex in them. That will help make your decision easier. I also have a cheap Okuma longitude that I love. It is my plugging rod and part time bait lobber and it cost me 40$. The fit and finish on the Okuma is not as good as my St. Croix or my Daiwa.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
fishpro28 said:
Tsunami Airwave is a great rod. Another in that range is a St. Croix rod. I havethe St. Croix and my friend has the Airwave. So I have experience with both. Go to the store and look at the fit and finish of the rods and check the flex in them. That will help make your decision easier. I also have a cheap Okuma longitude that I love. It is my plugging rod and part time bait lobber and it cost me 40$. The fit and finish on the Okuma is not as good as my St. Croix or my Daiwa.
Fishpro is right the St. Croix is a good rod and i agree try both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts