BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a Brigantine Beach resident until 2006..We stayed on the beach all weekend and slept close to the dunes at night,we only left to get water or food...What`s it like there these days with campers ?? The way gas is going up i might NOT be able to run my boat, I may consider buying another slide in camper and hanging out at the north end !!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Not much room up at the north end once it's closed for the birds. Sorry, but I don't know if they allow none fishing 4x4

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Last season I saw campers pitching tents on the beach near wreck inlet. As above, they close the north end for Plover nesting season.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well fishing was the reason i was there,all day, catch a few z`s and we would be fishing most of the night..they closed the beach back then to for those birds,,,i always wondered if the foxes were told NOT to touch the eggs or the babies ?????:confused:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
Well fishing was the reason i was there,all day, catch a few z`s and we would be fishing most of the night..they closed the beach back then to for those birds,,,i always wondered if the foxes were told NOT to touch the eggs or the babies ?????:confused:
Are you talking about the foxes that they trap and kill every year?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they had to do anything, i`d hope they would relocate them !!:mad: I enjoyed them being there...:)

·
Registered
990 Posts
FISH BUCKET said:
or the ones they trap and "relocate"?
what b s
Doesn't "Relocate" mean what they do to them after they are no longer able to take a breath?

That is one of the reasons that i ask people not to mention the Foxes on message boards.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
why not mention the foxes?
more people care about them than they do the plovers.
yes there are still around but they are much more wary!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Those stupid little do nothing birds suck.They are treading all over my rights!They are taking away my habitat.I think we should all band together and try to save our beach from those "serve no purpose" birds. I almost got one in a throw net one day.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Send the birds to Little Beach.......less things there to bother them !!:D

·
Registered
990 Posts
Rock-N-Roll said:
njfisher !!! it`s not a secret !!..:)
No, it is not a secret, but everytime it is bought up in the message boards that someone is seeing them on the beach again, it could mean that the state will decide to put more traps out again.

I kind of like seeing them on the beach and hate to think that I won't see them for a while.

I see what happens in Brig, when they get to be a common sight, then all of a sudden you don't see many for a year or two.

I would like to see them there all of the time.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
the state is well aware of how many fox are there.
maybe by seeing how many people care about the foxes,they will leave them alone.
it's an absolute travesty of the esa that lets them kill one species to supposedly protect another!
where are the "animal lovers" when the fox are killed?nowhere to be found!
bunch of hypocrits!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts