BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on goin fishing this sunday but i have a dilemma. I dont know whether to go out for striper, drum, or blackfish. I would include blues but they are small right now and i usually like to catch them big boys in late summer. I also dont really know where i should go out of. It's between LBI or Cape May. Where do you think i should go and what should i fish for? Any opinions would be apreciated!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Target all of them. :D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Reelman,You can target both striper and drum with the same bait (clams), better off in Cape May to increase your chances of drum, there was a 26 #er caught this week.If your in CM, Hands TOO has nice top & bottom clam rigs with awesome circle hooks that caught 4 drum for me and my buddy last fall.Drum taste awesome too, there is a size limit but I forget what it is, I think 15 inches but double check.Good luck.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Fred I never had Tog are they really better them Drum and striper?(it would be hard to believe)I had drum for the first time last fall and Its so good, close to striper in taste and looks, pure white meat and delicious.Also are tog only caught near jetty's or can they be caught from the surf in open beach not near any rocks, and are green crabs the only bait of choice for them. Whats the average sive and the biggest they can get.I do fish the CG jetty where CM inlet is, would they be there cause these rocks hold alot of species.Thanks..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna fish off a party boat cuz i dont have one of my own and aint got money to charter one right now. I am goin with my grandpop and dad and by the way tog are probably one of the best fish in the ocean as far as taste goes. Definately copete with striper and drum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts