BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys I have never attended the C/R seminar series but I'm excited this is our first year.

I really am not sure what to bring and I have a tendency to bring too much to shows and then half of it is buried and never sees the light of day anyway :D But I did rent a van so don't be shy ...

For those attending this year, what is on your wish / want lists ?

Here is what I was considering:
Full range of Jigging and some popping rods
Full line of Alutecnos reels (8v to 50W-2Speeds)
Canyon HS-15,HS-18 and new Spinners
Daiwa Saltiga's 40,50 single and two speeds

HPA Bags like Popperstore, JigStore, Dry Duffles 50/90/150
Black Magic Harnesses (by JPR)
Strike Pro Tuna Hunters
OTI Wombats, Komodo, etc.

VMC, Owner and Gamakatsu tuna hooks
Kevlar #300,500 and 700
(will demo how to ty the assist hooks at the booth using Norlander vise)

Full line of Patriot Design Jigs and demo rods
Full line of CM Hammered, Flutter and Bucktails.
Any remaining blem jigs

·
Registered
865 Posts
maybe maximize your space and put the reels on the rods just for show? that would be cool for them to see the potential combos.... i know im always more attracted to try things out when i can sample a rods weight with the reel ahead of time.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Dan, lookin forward to sayin hello sir...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do you have the VMC 7264 assist hooks? Also, make sure you have the heavy models of jigs. I am going to talk about both of those products during my seminar as "must haves" for NC along with OTI Komodos

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Wow! Didn't realize you were a vendor. That's a bunch of nice stuff. Looking forward to checking it out.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the VMC 7264 assist hooks? Also, make sure you have the heavy models of jigs. I am going to talk about both of those products during my seminar as "must haves" for NC along with OTI Komodos
Absolutely Greg, like yourself I am also a big fan of tying your own assist hooks, so much that I bought a fly vise that accepts 12/0 Gamakatsu 4X live bait hooks :D

I will have on hand VMC 7264 in 7/0, 9/0 and 13/0 as well as matching Kelvar cord for each size eyelet. I also ordered in 3 doz. Zap a Cap glues and a dozen spools of #210 deiner fly thread which is what I use to finish mine with (you can also use automotive shrink tube from Harbor Freight tools)

I also have the Gamakatsu 00421 11/0 and 12/0 as well as some Owner SJ-51 11/0 - all are hardcore tuna hooks.

Komodos not so many, but Chris from Strike Pro is sending the FULL line of Tuna Hunters to the show. We will have the Strike Pro rep in our booth and he will be wheeling and dealing on poppers.

Look for deals and/or a bundle with an HPA Popperstore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts