BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
WetDream- I'd go with Young Guns- 65 should do it- even though there are plenty of residents around at warmer temps than that. I'm gonna give it a go next Monday with only mild expectations. By the end of October- LOOK OUT!!!!!

In looking at my log- 59 seemed to be the start of the consistently better bite.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
My wife and I were watching Hurricane Shwartz last year, and he said "the ocean tempurature is 58 degrees".

She turns to me and says "ooohhhhhhh perfect striper water" :D

What that has to do with the DB I don't know, but hope you enjoyed it anyway!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by Re-Bait:
My wife and I were watching Hurricane Shwartz last year, and he said "the ocean tempurature is 58 degrees".

She turns to me and says "ooohhhhhhh perfect striper water" :D
I got to find me a girl like that

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yes SIR SKIPPER i think 50-55 is just about perfect !!!But they are still active @ less !!!

the rips should get started real soon with the cool nights we been having,Dont ya think ?

I think we will be hearin that YOU or adam caught a bass ITR'S between the 15-22nd......

When ya gonna start tryin SKIP ?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Originally posted by Partnership:
Vin- ITR's- I luv it!
Gunn's I liked it myself LOl :D

Great ta finally meet ya the other day...
Now that ya know where i live Dont be a stranger !!!
:cool:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Originally posted by striper2278:
Tried this AM. Had a couple of bass on! 2 to be exact. Then the blues took over! Anyday now! It was still dark when we had the bass bites! ;)

Goodies!
AWESOME SKIP !! :D
well now that i know your already trying,im gonna have ta take back what i said,And go with you on ANY DAY NOW

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Gonna start Monday in the am as well.I figure Ill anchor up the boat in one of my favorite spots with some clam . then break out the wax and get started with my fall coat of wax on the inside. Either way i will accomplish something. well maybe 2 things as I plan on bringing some beer. If it really gets bad Ill break out the tackle boxes and start cleaning them out as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Water temps are 55 up in Maine as of now,67
off Rhode Ilsand/Long Beach and are around 71 off
Alantic City,if this is a gradule decrease overtime,we will see an extended start to season
from mid Nov as prime time into Dec and possible January for awhile.Average temp off A.C. at this time of year should be around 63 to 64,so we are
8 degrees warmer.The latter part of October average is around 58,the 16th to 31st.
Who knows,a severe cold snap changes everything
fast.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I keep logs on all fishing trips over the last 7 years. Here's my observations on stripers:
65 degrees is the upper limit - had a day 2 years ago in October where we caught 5 fish from 27" to 35.5" in the Beach Haven inlet at that temp.
53 to 58 degrees is optimum - especially when it first drops below 60. It seems the bigger fish are really moving in the early part of the run.
Overcast skies will really help as well since bass are ambush style predators and the low light conditions help them "sneak up" on baitfish. Clear water is much better than muddy water, especially when you are eeling. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.