BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m thinking a back back with beer and pretzels,hoagie.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have no problem with a grown man drinking some beer on the bus ride, but I think the last thing we would want is for a bunch of guys drinking beer in Washington. It would also be non-beneficial to leave empty beer cans, cigarrette butts, etc behind - use a trashcan.

I cannot get out of work for it, but I hope those going do not try and turn this into a party. The whole point in my opinion is to show up in numbers showing that we exist and we care, but we need to also remember that negative impressions will stick too.

Am I being too much of a tight a$$? That has been none to happen once in a while.

And Got Bass, this was not directed at you inparticular. Just wanted to air my opinion since you mentioned backpackin soom brewskis.

RyanF

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
I have no problem with a grown man drinking some beer on the bus ride, but I think the last thing we would want is for a bunch of guys drinking beer in Washington. It would also be non-beneficial to leave empty beer cans, cigarrette butts, etc behind - use a trashcan.

I cannot get out of work for it, but I hope those going do not try and turn this into a party. The whole point in my opinion is to show up in numbers showing that we exist and we care, but we need to also remember that negative impressions will stick too.

Am I being too much of a tight a$$?

RyanF
Fun Sponge.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was kidding about beer in the back pack,but mayby just a small flask of ginger brandy for the chill;)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

Am I being too much of a tight a$$? That has been none to happen once in a while.

And Got Bass, this was not directed at you inparticular. Just wanted to air my opinion since you mentioned backpackin soom brewskis.

RyanF

If you go Mar 24th you'll be marching alone. The date is Feb 24th.

I'm not sure what protesting protocol is, any old hippies around here? I can't see anything wrong with crackin a few beers. Taking a leak could be an issue though, drunk fisherman taking a leak in Washington prob isn't a good headline.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
If you go Mar 24th you'll be marching alone. The date is Feb 24th.

I'm not sure what protesting protocol is, any old hippies around here? I can't see anything wrong with crackin a few beers. Taking a leak could be an issue though, drunk fisherman taking a leak in Washington prob isn't a good headline.

Thats the same thing they complain about on the beach!!!:eek::eek::eek::huh:

FC

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
We need to all sit back and think about this one for a second. This is our first chance to prove what fishing means to all of us here on the Jersey coast. Itd benefit us greatly if we all go up there with great attitudes, sober as can be, and voice our opinions intelligently as possible. Of course this is just my opinion, but i think if we do things right up there we will finally have the governments attention. We arent going to have many more chances like this one.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Save the beer for the ride home.

I'm figuring the ride down and back is going to take at least 4 to 5 hrs.So it is going o be a long day...I see nothing wrong with a few beers on he way home.Have a chance to meet a few more barners and discuss the success or failure of the day:cheers:.But standing outside for 3 hrs (danceing to piss jig) doesn't sound like fun to me. Unless it is possible to have the bus stop someplace for a quick bite on the way home? You need to pack enough food to get you through the day.Dress warm and dry just like you were going fishng when its cold outside.:)
We need to get some momentom going here to fill the buses.Stop worrying about who is not going and try to get as many close to you to get on the bus so we can show those in DC. that we care about the way they want to manage the fishery we all enjoy.:fighting::fighting::fighting:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Just remember. You guys will be riding safe because I will be on point keeping watch so the communist don't attack. Make sure you bring enough to eat for the guys pulling guard duty. Halt. Who goes there.:D

May be able to bring a bag of Clam Bellies to munch on. Just in case anyone wants to march with an attitude.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Is there an itinerary set for the march?

What time does the Bus depart Wildwood?

What time is the actual march in D.C.?

What time does the Bus depart D.C.?

Is there anytime to grab food while in D.C. for those who don't plan/feel like brown bagging it.

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Ha ha - I am back in the 5th grade. We (fisherpersons) are trying to estabish something. Can we have fun, and get an intelligent, thought out message out at the same time? In DC?

We have lots of time to refine. (my poetry fools.)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.